Phuket / Krabi / Phi Phi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Quero - just sent you a PM....I've just booked the Metadee Resort (awesome looking!) for 8 nights on Kata Beach. My girlfriends (1 or 2) are coming in from Austin & I'll fly over from Laos...

We're looking to do day trips for probably 3 of the days we are there. Remember me??? I'm the one that had the non-memorable trip to Koh Tao and spent all my time diving with students! UCK! :)

We're open to sites but would love to hit the best ones of course...I love the big stuff -we all do... :) Any recommendations? We're there Nov 20-28th...

Thanks so much!

Debbie

Marco Polo: good food, good tourleader, but the boat is less comfortable than other boats in the same price class.
The same can be said for Palm Garden. Personally, I would also prefer to stay in Kata over Chalong, but that is personal, and Chalong has the advantage it is just a short stroll in stead of a 10 minute minibus ride.

Hi Quero - just sent you a PM....I've just booked the Metadee Resort (awesome looking!) for 8 nights on Kata Beach. My girlfriends (1 or 2) are coming in from Austin & I'll fly over from Laos...

We're looking to do day trips for probably 3 of the days we are there. Remember me??? I'm the one that had the non-memorable trip to Koh Tao and spent all my time diving with students! UCK! :)

We're open to sites but would love to hit the best ones of course...I love the big stuff -we all do... :) Any recommendations? We're there Nov 20-28th...

Thanks so much!

Debbie

See my PM reply for a more detailed answer, but for starters, it looks to me like you are going to be doing some daytrip diving since you are already committed to 8 days at the resort... you won't want to pay those prices and not stay at the hotel, right?

How do you feel about daytrips to the Similans by speedboat?
• Pros: you can stay at your resort; you can get to some excellent dive sites.
• Cons: more expensive per dive than liveaboard trips; more expensive than daytrips from Phuket; you may need to get to Khao Lak on your own (depending on the op); and it makes for a long day.

Or if you prefer daytrips out of Phuket, we can select the trips that are not appropriate for Open Water students, but there may be some Advanced Open Water students on board.
• Pros: transfers are easy from Kata; less expensive than daytrips to the Similans.; some very nice dive sites.
• Cons: boats with lots of divers, for the most part; possibility of some students on board (AOW and up).

Back
Top Bottom