Phuket Day Diving - In Pictures!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's the "Draig Goch" - the Welsh National flag.

I'm glad you think it's an interesting design, can you believe some countries only have boring Red, White & Blue horizontal stripes!

It's the "Draig Goch" - the Welsh National flag.

I'm glad you think it's an interesting design, can you believe some countries only have boring Red, White & Blue horizontal stripes!
:dutchflag::dutchflag::dutchflag::dutchflag:
:dutchflag: :dutchflag::dutchflag::dutchflag:
:dutchflag:

:eek:k:

Hi Quero,
Thank you so much for responding.
My husband and I will be in Phuket (Holiday Inn at Patong) from Friday June 11 - Monday June 14th. We are then taking the ferry over to Phi Phi and staying at the Holiday Inn until Wednesday June 16th.
I am scheduling one morning dive trip on Phuket on Monday June 14th, and one on Phi Phi on Tuesday June 15th.
Like I've said, we are inexperienced, with approx 7 dives, but we do have open water certification.
Let me know if you have any suggestions, not too far out of Patong :)
Thank you so much!!
Rachel

Thank you so much BigJeff.
I looked on googlemaps and it seems a little far from Patong (I forgot to mention that is where we are staying) I'm sure transportation there will be cheap.
The milkshakes sound amazing, preferably after diving lol :wink:

Hi Quero,
Thank you so much for responding.
My husband and I will be in Phuket (Holiday Inn at Patong) from Friday June 11 - Monday June 14th. We are then taking the ferry over to Phi Phi and staying at the Holiday Inn until Wednesday June 16th.
I am scheduling one morning dive trip on Phuket on Monday June 14th, and one on Phi Phi on Tuesday June 15th.
Like I've said, we are inexperienced, with approx 7 dives, but we do have open water certification.
Let me know if you have any suggestions, not too far out of Patong :)
Thank you so much!!
Rachel
No problem, Rachel, though this discussion sort of hijacks the photo thread....
My recommendation for your dives on the 14th would be a two-tank trip to Koh Racha Yai, which is easy diving and isn't on the list of destinations served by Phi Phi operators. Racha Yai is the nearest island most of the boats go to, the visibility is usually very good, and the marine life is interesting with lots of healthy hard coral fields and plenty of reef fish. You will be back at your hotel by late afternoon, so it's not too long a day, either. If you will be traveling to Phi Phi on June 15th, you should be prepared for just an afternoon dive outing as by the time you get to Phi Phi and check in to your hotel, the morning dive boats will already have left for the day's diving.

Regarding your reaction to Jeff's recommendation, let me clarify how things work here. You do not need to make your way to any of the dive ops on your own. Once your booking is made, the operator will collect you from your hotel and provide transportation to the pier from which the boats depart for daytrips. Everything but equipment rental is included in the price for a fun dive daytrip. All operators offer the same level of customer service in this regard.

Feel free to PM me for more information if you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom