Photoshop CS2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PS Elements 3 supports these Canons:
Canon
• EOS-10D
• EOS-1Ds
• EOS-1D
• EOS-1D Mark II
• EOS-D30
• EOS-D60
• EOS-300D
(Digital Rebel/Kiss Digital)
• PowerShot 600
• PowerShot A5
• PowerShot A50
• PowerShot Pro 1
• PowerShot S30
• PowerShot S40
• PowerShot S45
• PowerShot S50
• PowerShot G1
• PowerShot G2
• PowerShot G3
• PowerShot G5
• PowerShot Pro70
• PowerShot Pro90 IS

CS will as well - and I believe that there is also a CS plug-in to add more.

Kim:
PS Elements 3 supports these Canons:
Canon
• EOS-300D
(Digital Rebel/Kiss Digital)

CS will as well - and I believe that there is also a CS plug-in to add more.

Super!! I just got the Rebel XT. That's great news, because I have some stuff to shoot in RAW for publication.

Thanks Kim!! :07:

Rob

Thanks mucho also to Jock!!! :07:

Kim:
The RAW 3.1 update which supports the Rebel XT is also available for PS Elements 3:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2933

Kim, on your link to Adobe, under system requirement, it does say
"For Camera Raw 3.1:
Adobe Creative Suite 2, Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Windows, or Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 for Windows"

so CS is definitely left out for a whole bunch of new cameras.
Opps, and thanks for the correction. I did not realize that PE3 will also works with ACR3.1. I would hate to see people buying C7070 and end up having to buy CS2 as well.

Ok...I agree. However it only costs $99 to get PSE3 with the correct camera support and then use it as it is....or save the file to Photoshop RAW format and work on it in CS. That'll save a lot of money buying CS2! :eyebrow:
Personally I use PSE3 almost all the time now as there is very little that I actually need CS to do that PSE3 can't. As I have both I probably won't consider upgrading to CS2 as I really don't see that the extras are worth it. The 'bridge' that you mentioned seems like a very expensive feature if that is the only gain.
Still, I haven't installed my tryout yet so maybe I'll feel differently later! :wink:

Please don't rub it in. After grudgingly upgraded to CS2, I am still not a happy camper, at least until Adobe and Nikon decided to play nice with each other again. The Bridge thingy is nice but I never use it as I find Nikon View a lot better at browsing and I can open a file directly from Nikon View into PS.

ssra30:
Please don't rub it in.

ROFL. Hey...I've only got an 'old' C5050....how do you think I feel when I have to read everyday about all the folks and their flashy new cameras? :D

Back
Top Bottom