Photos::Monastery April 25 Wide Angle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had a great dive at Monastery yesterday with [-]Erricson [/-]Ericson, Sarah, and Mike at Monastery.

Besides the embarrassment of getting rolled over on my entry everything else went really well and it was a beautiful dive. This was the first time I have used my wide angle in about two months, and I added a new 2nd strobe to smooth out the lighting.

I have to say my sea and sea housing, inon strobes, and large port dome held up perfectly under some not so gentle banging around while I did my entry.

I'm also a little sore from the workout of climbing up the pebble dune.

Here are a couple of pics. ....and the rest at this link here.

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2314%20(1).jpg

IMG_2358%20(1).jpg

Last edited:
That is ********* beautiful!

Thanks Robin,

I wish more photographers would post wide angle shots. I love the macros of anenomes and nudibranchs, but while stuck at work on a Sunday, these wide shots really help me feel like I'm there.

(((kevin)))

Very nice! I am diving warm waters right now and realize how much more color there is in Carmel. I recognize where the second pictures is.. very cool

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah, I've been in a macro mode lately and its a lot of fun to take the wide angle stuff. I forgot how much easier it is to not hold still with the macro.

Too bad there was so much krill. Most of my pics came out with tons of backscatter or just white out from the critters.

Nice someone was able to dive today... Wish I was there... So, one of the pictures on your link makes the reef looks like it has lips... (2009-04-25 Monastery)

Looks like a character from Sponge Bob.

Maybe it is all the rum I had today. Thanks for sharing the pics, makes me wish I was home with y'all... I am kinda winey and needy this weekend.

Last edited:
those first two photos have no color modification-- only some cropping and leveling since my aim was crooked. I have a lot that are really cruddy images too. it seems like there were clear areas, krill areas, and some just plain stirred up. that video is awesome!

--paula, now i cant *not* see lips on that photo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom