Photos from Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonix:
awesome mike! keep em coming. :wink:

naw that's it for me... time for me to hand the torch over to Tim... not only does he take better pics, but his photo attachments are bigger... :eyebrow: :rofl3:

I am going to sleep... but before I do...

x_mas_tree_1.jpg

squat_lobster_4.jpg

mike_and_the_sun_ball.jpg

reef_and_sunball.jpg

Nice Tim! sexy model in the 3rd pic :eyebrow:

oh oh oh, how could I forget about this one... Our last dive... Mandarin Fish Lake... :D

IMG_8284.jpg

And lastly, the jet that Tim, Larry, and I chartered to Palau... appropriately named! :rofl3: :rofl3:
IMG_8299.jpg

Awesome photos, pak. Are you using 2 strobes?

subzero:
Awesome photos, pak. Are you using 2 strobes?

Thanks Enrique, yes two strobes most of the time. but sometimes turn the strobes off for ambient wide angle shots

How did you get that photo of the Mandarin fish????....all I ever get is a blurrrrrrrr....I guess I need to get a better photo setup......Great Photos!!

Travelnsj:
How did you get that photo of the Mandarin fish????....all I ever get is a blurrrrrrrr....I guess I need to get a better photo setup......Great Photos!!

Talk about an exercise in frustration!! I've got about 50 shots of blurred mandarins from that dive! I found that pair just as our DM was calling the dive. I have a better exposed shot of them but I chopped off the male's nose and tail!!! This is my 3rd dive for Mandarin fish (the first, utter failure). I've found that I do better if I switch my lens to manual and dim the focus light down... In previous Mandarin fish dives, I found the AF would hunt and take too long to focus in the low light. Although some have suggested that once they start mating, they don't mind the bright lights.

Pak.....which do you perfer Malapascua Or Palau?....or are they just to different types of diving?

Travelnsj:
Pak.....which do you perfer Malapascua Or Palau?....or are they just to different types of diving?

Hands down Palau!!! Sitting on Monad shoal in murky water for 1 or 2 threshers (if you're lucky) is nothing compared to being hooked in at Blue Corner! My neck is still suffereing from whiplash from all the pelagic traffic you get there! But I have to admit the mandarin fish at The Lighthouse site on Malapascua were more cooperative! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom