Photos (and video?): 8/15 at Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ae3753

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
With everyone posting dive reports and videos of this past weekend, I thought I'd share. I missed out on diving on Saturday cause of a delay leaving Chicago.

Fortunately, I did dive Sunday with Erik and Elissa. The plan was to meander to 3 Sisters, taking a little less direct route to explore. That didn't quite work out as visibility was too good. Once a sister appeared in the distance, we were immediately drawn to her.

Vis was quite nice at the Sisters. On top of the 2nd sister at 100' looking down below.
100815_sisters.jpg

Back towards middle reef, the overcast skies and thick kelp canopy blocked out the light. Actually, it wasn't this dark. Messing around with the camera.
100815_middlereef.jpg

Erik.
100815_ES_close.jpg

Elissa.
100815_EL_canopy.jpg

As for video, hopefully Erik's GoPro was able to capture some good footage. After careful editing to protect his dive buddies, he might not have a lot of film left though.

Great pics Don! I love the last shot with the kelp ceiling in the background, really serene and seems to capture the mood well.

Glad you Erik and Elissa made it out to enjoy the beautiful conditions!!

Does his video editing software have a trim correction setting like Ken's? :wink:

I love visiting the sisters... Specially on a good vis day :) Hopefully the vis will hold out till Labor day at least

[vimeo]14200030[/vimeo]

Here's the video.

What a great dive yesterday.

Thanks for altering your plans a little to accommodate me.

-Erik

Awesome video Erik! You know, I think we must have seen some of the exact same critters yesterday :)

Wow that video turned out really good. Did you wrist mount it or just hold onto it while scooting?
Looks like it is mounted to the front of his scooter.

Thanks for sharing Don and Erik.

I actually got to dive on Saturday and we had excellent conditions for the North Coast :cool2: It was Lake Pacific. We played with our scooters and tested out some new scooter equipment. Gave my scooter to my friend for the second dive...another one hooked!

How long until Kathy shows up with a new scoot? :popcorn:

Awesome video! Looks like conditions were really fantastic... Man, I really need to get my scooter out to Lobos! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom