Photography Thread Revival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's like the audiophile hipsters with their affinity for vinyl records. Except film actually is warmer and richer, and is also far less forgiving. It requires you to develop skills, and does not support the 1 in 100 ethos.
Deep down I believe that my experience with film in the past helped me a great deal in learning the basics of photography but also digital photography helped me in getting immediate feedback on the Tweeks I make on the settings on camera. I am glad that I went through the film era for 15 years before going totally digital but I'll want to go back to analog film times or tools.

The post processing tools we have now are the icing on the cake 🎂

On The Smiling Seahorse in Andaman Sea right now, getting some decent shots despite poor visibility on most of the dives thus far. Water is quite green, but shooting upwards helps a lot.

A6304920.jpg

We found a dead devil ray at 8 Mile Rock near Koh Lipe.

A6304956.jpg

This grouper was quite friendly.

A6304945.jpg

Stonehenge has massive schools of fish.

A6305045.jpg

Hairy crab at Koh Haa.

A6305253.jpg

Haven't IDed the species of those - looks like halgerda terramtuentis, but the black spots along the margins don't appear in any photos of that species that I could find.

A6305265.jpg

I use Photoshop Elements to get rid of backscatter, but try not to do much more. If I have to work on a photo for more than five minutes I end up deleting it.
I am the same, using PS Elements 9 which I purchased in 2010 and on a very old MacBook Pro.

On The Smiling Seahorse in Andaman Sea right now, getting some decent shots despite poor visibility on most of the dives thus far. Water is quite green, but shooting upwards helps a lot.

View attachment 758391

We found a dead devil ray at 8 Mile Rock near Koh Lipe.

View attachment 758392

This grouper was quite friendly.

View attachment 758393

Stonehenge has massive schools of fish.

View attachment 758394

Hairy crab at Koh Haa.

View attachment 758395

Haven't IDed the species of those - looks like halgerda terramtuentis, but the black spots along the margins don't appear in any photos of that species that I could find.

View attachment 758396
Unbelievable, these are awesome.

My best four from this morning off Fujairah on Angels Reef (first two) and second two on Inchcape 10 (wreck).

Alas, Richelieu Rock was super green this trip, 3-5m visibility - an excuse to shoot some macro.
Ha ha we consider 3-5m vis normal where we dive.

First time out with the new camera in Curacao. Sony a7iv, 28-60 lens, Marelux housing, Nauticam WWL-1B, and Retra Pro X strobes. Significant upgrade from the Sealife I was playing with!
Be kind, this is just a hobby.
38956C16-6E2D-43B9-B7EC-0FF05CB9CCF3.jpeg
F96DA83B-19BF-4F7F-8333-D5A7BE8BE2E5.jpeg
673AA30B-7566-4664-A3FC-2F08C94DB702.jpeg
A0E6BF33-CC40-4E41-A7D4-EA002B7D23F7.jpeg
AA963E90-39A0-43CA-850F-B0BB15D52BAE.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom