Photography Thread Revival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Photoshop Elements to get rid of backscatter, but try not to do much more. If I have to work on a photo for more than five minutes I end up deleting it.

Do most of you all use Lightroom for post? All in all, how aggressively are you processing these?

I do use it on regular basis. I shoot RAW and have to adjust WB and make other adjustments. If it takes me more than 5 minutes to work on a picture I skip it and go on to another one.

I use Photoshop Elements to get rid of backscatter, but try not to do much more. If I have to work on a photo for more than five minutes I end up deleting it.

I do use it on regular basis. I shoot RAW and have to adjust WB and make other adjustments. If it takes me more than 5 minutes to work on a picture I ignore and go on to another one.
Seems to be a theme here. I like that mantra. More than 5 minutes and the photo is probably not worth doctoring up.
I usually have to correct the exposure maybe a tiny bit, and depending on the lighting I brighten up the colors. I finally have my second strobe coming in the mail soon, which hopefully will help my colors pop.

More than 5 minutes and the photo is probably not worth doctoring up.

Unless it is one of a kind rare shot of course, then even one hour is OK by me :)

I finally have my second strobe coming in the mail soon, which hopefully will help my colors pop.

For me, I can't imagine not having two strobes. I have been using two strobes since I started with u/w photography in the 90's.

Unless it is one of a kind rare shot of course, then even one hour is OK by me :)

For me, I can't imagine not having two strobes. I have been using two strobes since I started with u/w photography in the 90's.
I hear you. I've been slowly building my kit over time. I use an old Panasonic Lumix G7 (really more of a vlogger's camera than a photographer's) and a substrobe. Shortly to be 2 strobes, still with the same camera. Hoping it'll make a difference.

Nothing wrong with the G7. I have never used one, but the specs are very respectable, and much better sensor than I am using. What housing do you have?

Nothing wrong with the G7. I have never used one, but the specs are very respectable, and much better sensor than I am using. What housing do you have?
Yeah for sure, I make do with it. I mean eventually I'll want to upgrade, but I love it for what it is. Actually pretty good lens selection as well, especially considering I can use Olympus' M4/3 lineup with it.
I have an Ikelite housing. I actually contacted Ikelite because they don't make housings for the G7 any longer, and they sent me an open box one they had at a discount. I'm adding a second strobe and just got a focus light recently as well. So as the practice comes, I'm learning what to add as I go.

That second one! The light you captured is wonderful! Were you using an air lens or something like that? Is this all natural light?
Thanks - Natural light with a touch of strobe to add a little pop to the fish. Shot with a Sony A7c, a 28-60 and a Nautical WWL-1.

Unless it is one of a kind rare shot of course, then even one hour is OK by me

I'm still tweaking on those mermaid and Nessy shots I took with the Nikonos V. I know it looks like grainy shadows, but it was iso1200 film, and just a little more adjusting and you'll see it too

but it was iso1200 film
FILM? Do they still make film? Wow! That's got to be a lot of work. I'm impressed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom