Photo Mosaic U-352, Chris O'Riley

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I thought I would repost this, originally from 2006, so those that have not seen it can get to appreciate it too ...
Hi everyone, a few months ago, a photo-mosaic I took of the U-352, off the coast of North Carolina, was posted to another message board. People quickly started asking for prints of the image, and I started offering them last week. If anyone's interested, you can order one from my web site here: www.Chris3D.com/prints

Thanks for looking,
-Chris

u-352_print.jpg

wow!!!

Forgot to add, what you can not see from that pic ... from what I remember, it's very detailed
... I think that I saw a close up of part of the photo somewhere

Am I correct in assuming this photo was taken using the "stitch" setting on the camera?

I played around on land with my G10 using the "stitch" mode and ended up with a wide width but narrow height photo after stitching five photos together using the stitch function in the Canon software that came with the camera..

I'll try using it underwater when I find a suitable subject to see the results.

I would imagine that this was done on the surface with software from many pictures taken below ... but I dont know

Email sent ... waiting for reply .. maybe Chris will come on here and let us know

Am I correct in assuming this photo was taken using the "stitch" setting on the camera?

I played around on land with my G10 using the "stitch" mode and ended up with a wide width but narrow height photo after stitching five photos together using the stitch function in the Canon software that came with the camera.
I can't speak for the photographer but it would most likely, as D_B said, have been a collection of a few pictures stiched together with some sort of panorama software.

Some cameras have a "stitch" setting which assists the photographer in framing and exposing the original pictures so that they are easily stitched. That function is not necessary though and it is quite possible to stitch panoramas of images taken with any camera, as long as they have reasonable overlap and similar exposure.

I've never tried it underwater either and I am particularly impressed with this picture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom