Phones in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s a small increase in your Att and Verizon (my carrier) plans to have mex and canada included in a US unlimited talk and data plan. Ask them! However, OTHER international will be $10 per day.

We're on the fourth page, but we still don't know which company or plan that WOODMAN currently has? All this is blah blah blah as it depends on the carrier and current plan.

Not even an extra $5/day?? I just went to Vancouver for six days and got an extra $30 charge.
You didn't believe me the first few times I told you?

You didn't believe me the first few times I told you?

I'm not sure what you're saying. Do I believe you don't need to sign up for it, or do I believe there's no extra charge? I know there's an extra charge. I got it in Canada. I've have had it in CZM. Now..., signing up for it?? VZ is a little iffy, but I would rather be certain than charged for huge roaming fees.

But!! You do what it good for you.

My daughter's family does that for China and Bermuda, but not needed for Mexico. They use Wechat instead of Whatsapp in China. Something all of her Chinese students use here because it works there.

I know, right??? We're leaving for China in 9 or 10 weeks and I have to try and figure out WeChat before then! Boy, this world travel is really hard to deal with, huh??? I'm VERY excited to visit China...I think :)

Travel Pass from Verizon is $5 US per 24 hours that only extends your current plan to work here in Mexico...I have it this week and phone calls have no issue, but data is sketchy at best. Even the Resorts WiFi is sketchy...who needs a cell phone 20 meters down anyway?

I know, right??? We're leaving for China in 9 or 10 weeks and I have to try and figure out WeChat before then! Boy, this world travel is really hard to deal with, huh??? I'm VERY excited to visit China...I think :)
Wechats simple....I suggest you use WhatsApp instead.

I know there's an extra charge.
it depends on the carrier and current plan.
As I said a few times, all three Verizon Unlimited plans currently offered include free Canada and Mexico, calling and roaming. I don't remember what you said you have, but results are different for different plans, and then there are the prepaids.

Talk with whichever carrier you use about choices. Free Wifi seemed common where they went. Wechat is easy, but both parties have to use it.

Travel Pass from Verizon is $5 US per 24 hours that only extends your current plan to work here in Mexico.
Unnecessary on the current plans, but you must be on an old one. You don't update plans unless requested as some prefer older plans.

Wechats simple....I suggest you use WhatsApp instead.
In China? Many sites are blocked there, like Facebook. I don't know about Whatsapp. Do you know, for sure? It was blocked a year ago. China Blocks WhatsApp, Broadening Online Censorship

My understand is that in China, WeChat is the thing. NO Google...NO Facebook...NO nothing, except maybe WeChat :confused:
WeChat is a user friendly app...you can chat, messenger and even video call other users....I used WhatApp in China last year...maybe is taboo now?

I do have an older plan....512mb doesn’t get you much, so I like the $5 bucks a day.

Yes, with the new Verizon Plan Unlimited you can make calls, send texts and use data within Mexico and Canada:

• Unlimited calls
  • Unlimited messages
  • 512 MB/day of 4G LTE speed data
If more than 50% of your talk, text or data usage in a 60–day period is in Canada or Mexico, use of those services in those countries may be removed or limited.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom