Philippines Itinerary help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24

Hi All,

We have just over two weeks to visit the Philippines this December.

We will be flying in from Kuala Lumpur (most likely via Air Asia to Clark) and then need to fly to Bangkok after about 18 days - possibly with cebu pacific, may need to fly from somewhere via Manila.

Can any recommend a route for us to take - we like culture, good food, nice beaches, a bit of hiking to take good scenery photos and more recently we have learnt to dive (10 dives to date). Not too bothered about nightlife.

Sorry have not had an opportunity to scour this board completely yet for answers - the number of islands/destinations in the Philippines is a bit overwhelming.

All advice would be great.

Cheers,

Jim

I would say Cebu is worth looking into but may not measure up to your expectations.

Since you are looking for stuff to do other than dive, check out Action Philippines

There is a flight with Cebu to Bangkok so that may help with your travel plans.

From what you've written, Bohol seems to perfectly match your needs. Stay at Alona Beach (Panglao) for easy time and diving, rent a motorbike to see fantastic sceneries of Bohol (Chocolate Hills, river, man-made forest, Tarsiers' sanctuary, etc). 'Been there, done that. I believe it's a must-see spot in Philippines. If you get bored, there's a short-ride ferry to Cebu from Bohol.

Cheers,
Piotr

OK I will chime in here. I am based in Cebu and feel that with your requirements I would consider staying in Luzon for about a week and then come down to the Visayas or Palawan for another week.
In Luzon you will have amble opportunities for hiking and cultural activities.. But for pristine beaches and hiking I dont think you would do better than Palawan. You need to do a little more research.

If you want more advice feel free to PM me. I have traveled to most of the well known places in the Philippines and would be happy to give you my biased opinion.. Of course I would love for you to come dive with us.

Cheers, Roger

Cheers,
Roger

Camiguin,an island of 7 volcanoes.
Fly to Cagayan de Oro via Cebu and then ferry across.
Cycling, diving, hiking etc etc.
Very laid back with very friendly locals.

I would say the Caramoan islands in Camarines Sur is definitly worh a visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom