Philippines for 1.5 weeks in early July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I'm flying in to Manila around 8 pm... I was thinking of skipping Manila and taking a taxi strait to batangas port. Then a ferry in the morning to sabang. Can anyone recommend a cheap/ clean hotel to crash at for the night at batangas?

So I'm flying in to Manila around 8 pm... I was thinking of skipping Manila and taking a taxi strait to batangas port. Then a ferry in the morning to sabang. Can anyone recommend a cheap/ clean hotel to crash at for the night at batangas?
A white taxi(outside the departure hall) from the airport to Batangas is at least P2,000.00+ and the toll fees. On top of this you have to pay for a room, transport to the pier and the ferry across.
A small but acceptable room at City State Tower Hotel is P1,690.00. White taxi to the hotel is P200.00(by meter). The direct transfer from the hotel to Sabang Beach by Si-Kat in the following morning at 08:00 is P750.00.

oraph,

if you get to batangas you might as well take a ferry to sabang. check out campbell's resort and dive with scandi divers. ask for dive master walter. i go to cozumel a lot but sabang is better, you wont be dissapointed

Good luck on your visit, I would also suggest taking a hotel in Manila for the evening and taking a shuttle/bus to Batangas in the morning, it will help you get well rested for lots of diving.. I wish someone had given me that advice when I went there :)

Thanks guys. Makes sense... Im going to stay in Manila for the night.

If your staying in Manila, skip the pvte van/taxi which as someone said is 2000 plus 2x400 pesos tolls and instead go coach which was only 400pesos all up from EDSA terminal. Much cheaper and for the sake of an hour and a half, your no better off via taxi/pvte van in my mind.
Anyway Ive done both so good luck and I wisk you all the best diving.
I found Sabang and Verde a lot of fun and VERY accessible and close dives, but only wish I knew about the actual diving in Puerto Galera as the clarity around the channel dive was second to none and the giant clams a must see in PG as well. They dont tell you about this while you stay in Sabang.

---------- Post Merged at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:20 PM ----------

One other thing when you arrive at Batangas, avoid the "touts" who will grab your bags and "organise" your tickets, when in fact you dont need them, just walk up to the ticket office and buy your own ticket then back 20metres to pay the enviro tax/levy at the opposite counter then go into the terminal through the baggage check/scan.
The touters do it for you, and carry your bags and then want 500 pesos for 5mins of nothing.

Back
Top Bottom