Philippine familiarization trips to Scandi Divers, Puerto galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scandi Divers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Scubaboard,

Greetings from Puerto Galera, we would like to invite dive shop owners and group leaders who organize overseas dive trips to Scandi Divers resort in Puerto Galera.

5 night trips are US$599 per person including all meals & scuba diving, trip to Verde island and transfers. You can find full details and dates on the link below.

Flyer_SDFAM.png

Feel free to contact me at salesmanager@scandidivers.com if you have any questions.

Haha, that's great advice, pero nakatira ako sa Las Piñas :wink: But I will come say Hi next time I'm in PG. Shouldn't be long from now, I make it over about once every 2 or 3 months. I usually stay just around the corner from your beach.

How is the macro in PG?

The macro is pretty good in PG. We have an area called Giant clams which is really good. We have regular sightings of blue ringged octopus, flamboyant cuttlefish, mimic, hairy frog fish. You can find rarer pipe horse as well. Plenty of ghost pipe fish like the ornate, robust, thin and rough snout. for the super macro there are plenty of small shrimps and crustaceans.

the macro in Sabang/PG is ok not bad not great..of your really interested in macro Aniliao is the place..it is isn't described as one of the worlds best macro sites for nothing.

While Scandi and DN probably know better than I, I would say that the macro is actually pretty similar within the whole PG-Verde-Anilao "triangle". Maybe the difference is depths.... I think Anilao has a little more shallow dive sites, therefore maybe more accessible macro? At any rate, you can't really go wrong with either, just depends how deep you want to go for it.

I agree with you D-fresh, the critters are pretty much the same, I have only seen a few nudi's that have not been found in PG yet. The main difference in the locations is that Anilao is marketed much better due to the world class photographers that are there all the time. People like Mike Bartick and Jerome Kim have done an amazing job over the past five years in promoting Anilao as a dive destinations via social media and dive shows around the world. PG really needs a couple of high profile guys like these to help promote the place. It would be a close call if that was the case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom