Philippine Diving Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rarediver:
Wonderful pictures! Truly inspiring!

I just bought myself a starter kit (Fuji E900 with 1 DS50 strobe) but after seeing all these pictures I am wondering (well, more like doubting big time) whether I bought the right kit after all...

Maybe I should have just gone for a house for my digital SLR instead....

Incidentally I will be in Anilao from the 17th till the 21st of April trying out UW photography for the very first time - I will be staying at the Portulano. Anyone around at that time ?

Manuel
hey manuel... join the club for gear envy (or feelings of inadequacy... sheesh dennis rocks)

paolov's home resort is portulano... he might be there during that time... give him a PM, it's a nice place

Jag

Diver Dennis:
MG_2184_copy.jpg

MG_2202_copy.jpg
dennis, i now know how you finance your diving! you get a penny for every compliment you get on your fabulous photos - AMAZING! (there's another penny)

i swear you would make a ton of national geographic photogs keel over and die with the quality of these images...

amazing amazing amazing amazing (that makes it a whole nickel)

Jag

Don't worry Manuel, I've seen better pictures than these shot on cameras just like yours. One thing I did was take an U/W photo course from Mike Veitch, who is also on this board, in late November last year. That made a big difference since I did not even know how to set up my housing when I first met him. He taught me how to take some pretty good images.
The other thing is just practice. I shoot multiple pictures of each subject and do a little experimenting as I go. Take your time when you are meandering along the reef, there is so much to see in just a small area. Look at the texture and contrasting colors. The things we see under water are incredibly detailed and complex. I love to show that. So many divers look but don't really see what is there. Anilao will be a great place to practice.
One other thing I try to do is shoot the picture to make it as close to the finished image as possible. I'm still trying to learn Photoshop but I've done very little to these pictures. Too much altering on your computer can make images look kind of fake.
Believe me, if I can do this photography thing, anyone can!

Thanks Jag. I know they are not THAT good but it's fun to share my images with divers because they really appreciate them. It's interesting to see pictures with people who have seen the same things and know what they are looking at.
I appreciate all the great comments.

Fantastic, marvelous, great, best ever, wonderful, just my 5 cents. :D

you really gettin on my nerves, bubba. Could you just stop getting better? That first one is National Geo quality! muy excellente. (will you be my "solo with partner buddy"?) I promise not to take your hockey team if you mess up my dive!

you have a bad habit of shooting down on fish, big shot. I will learn manual if you will get lower and shoot upward... since you can dive upside down and all. yea, I just looked again...all except the first one are not at an angle that makes me feel happy. Technically right on, which I cannot pull off. the first one....stunning. which macro do you have, again? are you able to tell what lense is used when you see a pic?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom