Philippine Diving Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MG_1876_copy.jpg

Interesting photo Dennis.
But the tentacles? (I presume) are out of focus and detract/distract from the subject which I guess to be the mouth/center of the anemone?

It'd look perhaps from a different angle, perhaps a bit more vertical with the tentacles? framing and leading down to the mouth.
Thinking of concentric circles here..

Nice lighting and great detail though :).

Actually that was the effect I wanted Jam. The out of focus tentacles were meant to frame the picture without giving the eye something to focus on. But you're right about that one tentacle in the middle, I would rather NOT have had that in there, it kind of wrecks the effect and the picture.

MG_2374_copy.jpg

Diver Dennis:
Actually that was the effect I wanted Jam. The out of focus tentacles were meant to frame the picture without giving the eye something to focus on. But you're right about that one tentacle in the middle, I would rather NOT have had that in there, it kind of wrecks the effect and the picture.

MG_2374_copy.jpg
love the details on that one, dennis

Jamdiver:
Dennis, seriously now.
How do you consistently get so close to these fish?

Any special techniques or methods? I'm all ears..

Well Jam, I just float along slowly and either float over to them or them to me. I do keep my camera just below my chin and pointed at the for 2 reason. First, I don't have to move the camera too far to take the shot and second because I think fish think the lens is an eye and some will just take off as soon as they see it. Others will stay put and just watch it and if you don't move it too much they are just wary.
That is one of the reasons I am solo or well behind the group so the fish don't get as spooked. I guess it's a lot like any other wildlife photography, move and breathe slowly. I like to shoot upside down and this helps get a better look under things where they feel safer maybe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom