Philippine Diving Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More...

MG_9494_copy.jpg

MG_9505_copy.jpg

Dennis, you DA MAN!!!

:god: :god: :god:

justleesa:
stop....stop! I can only handle soooo much!

lol..most excellent Dennis!

You took the words right out of my mouth leesa :wink:.
Dennis question, did I ask you this before?

What's your workflow after you get the pics out of camera.
Specifically what editing is done to them in photoshop if any?

Love the second shot, love the lighting, it's soft, guess that's the diffuser at work :).

Blah, blah, blah......
Great stuff :D :).
Print and frame them dude! That's better than any art out there.

Here's a real one. :D

Yeah I know, should start another thread of inferior PI pictures. :wink:

Diver Dennis:
I might just show up for the big MOF party Rick... Here are a few more.

MG_3341_copy.jpg

K, I love this shot! You must have had a LOT of fun taking these. I really like the Eel as well, and they are all exposed very nicely.

So how are you controlling the flashes, manual?

Jamdiver:
You took the words right out of my mouth leesa :wink:.
Dennis question, did I ask you this before?

What's your workflow after you get the pics out of camera.
Specifically what editing is done to them in photoshop if any?

Love the second shot, love the lighting, it's soft, guess that's the diffuser at work :).

Blah, blah, blah......
Great stuff :D :).
Print and frame them dude! That's better than any art out there.

I don't use diffusers Jam. I have them but I seem to get better results without them in most situations.

Workflow? Well, crop if required. I try to frame so I don't have to crop, if possible. Levels. Adjust exposure if required. Unsharp mask. Name. Duplicate. Change duplicate image size to about 100-120kb at medium for jpeg. Save dup into email file. First one I leave in Photoshop format and save to Edited File.
Mike taught me to try and shoot so there is very little manipulation required after the fact. I'm trying to get better at shooting the correct shutter speed and aperture, as well as the proper strobe position and power for different effects. I also shoot about half of my stuff upside down for a better perspective. I love the expression on fish faces as well as the different textures and colors underwater.
That's it! I find too that it is VERY helpful to learning when you can shoot several days or better yet a week at a time.

RonFrank:
K, I love this shot! You must have had a LOT of fun taking these. I really like the Eel as well, and they are all exposed very nicely.

So how are you controlling the flashes, manual?

I use TTL a lot for Macro Ron. I adjust the amount of light usually by changing strobe positions. I haven't quite figured out how to use the bracketing controls on the Ike housing yet. I use half power for wide angle as a rule. I'll post some better Sea Horse shots. It is a lot of fun. I'm lucky that in the Philippines, I just got back on Monday, that once they saw me dive they gave me pretty much free rein to do what I wanted. Although they don't "officially" allow solo diving, I was on my own a lot. That really helped because I could take my time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom