Philadelphia Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1fast05

Registered
Reaction score
Had a good dive today at Philly. Fairly busy with about 25 people. I was able to get in when everyone was getting out for the SI so I had the place almost to myself. Only did one dive today for 48 min with a max depth of 50'. Vis was great at a consistent 20ft or so considering it rained friday night. Water temps were about 75 at surface and 50 at 47ft. Started at the entrance road and dropped down the wall to the pickup door/small ski boat, then the speedboat, then sailboat and vending machines. Finished up back at the sailboat and did the safety stop along the wall by the dock. Some nice cats around the sailboat and a nice bass in the grass beds. Had a staring contest at about 6 -8 inches with a crappie the size of a dinner plate for about 5 min.....he won. Next weekend hoping to meet up with diveprof and his group down in GA.

Augusta......although my sister and brother-in-law are moving to Macon next month so I will be down in that area every once in a while.

@1fast05...was the big brim with the spear / dart through his head still swimming around the dock?

I did not see any with a spear/dart in the head around the dock. When was he last seen?

I was there and saw it 7/2. It was swimming around like nothing was wrong at all...poor thing.

I will look out for it next time I'm there, I think I may be there saturday as my plans for GA are starting to fall through which is no biggy.

Back
Top Bottom