PG and ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cabbie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have about 9 diving days planned for the end of September (hopefully missing any typhoons). I want to go back to PG for a few days and then maybe onto somewhere else. But where is good with minimal journey time and easy to do from PG for a single white female diver...Anilao ??

Thanks in advance!

Coron!

Distance is relative close but travel is kinda annoying. You can take a 2k peso return flight with ph. air or cebu pacific. You have to go to batangas, take the bus to manila, jump out at the megamall and than take a 150p cab to the airport.

There are 12 2nd world war wrecks (depending on your skill level but enough choise), a volcano lake and a terrible japanese restaurant

good trip!

oh, i would recommend seadive. I dove with discovery and that was also ok but old gear (good guide though)

can't go wrong with anilao.. that's exactly what they were talking about in the other thread. =)

hi Cabbie, also recommend anilao. With only 9 days to enjoy PG and somewhere else, that would be my choice.

You can arrange for a boat to bring you directly to the resort in anilao. Last time Larry did the trip to aquaventure -> sabang it cost P2500, I expect the rates have gone up. Maybe someone who has done it recently can give a better estimate.

from a white male diver ;-)

the easiest to do is anilao. depends what you'r looking for. more like reef dives and a super romantic feeling with unbeatable sun sets? have a look at diveantreck. during the week you are very lonesom there. are you more in muck diving then you should stay on the other side of the bay. interestet in wrecks? go to subic. just for a few days i would not take the hassle of flying somewhere.

still want to fly? fly to dumaguete. get a free pick up from the eldorado resort. price/value is very good there and the dive site just about 15m away ;-) small but excellent house reef.

I have about 9 diving days planned for the end of September (hopefully missing any typhoons). I want to go back to PG for a few days and then maybe onto somewhere else. But where is good with minimal journey time and easy to do from PG for a single white female diver...Anilao ??

Thanks in advance!

yeah nine days is a little tight. too bad i would have recommended dumaguete/siquijor/bohol which is a one hour flight away from manila only.

but if you seriously want to do pg then your other bet would be anilao. but a better option would be to go to apo reef from puerto gallera. the only caveat being you will have to go with 4 or 5 other people to lessen costs. this is a live aboard in a giant bangka or yacht. google apo reef ( and not apo island which is in dumaguete) and you will see what i mean...

pm me if you want some recommendations of resorts or dive sites :)

Hi Cabbie, Dont forget stay and dive at Sea Rider Dive Center located at small lalaguna,sabang beach, puerto Galera. dive rate is really cheap but all of the guides are expert to find the macro critters.But if you love Pelagics, sea rider dive center will show you the school of Giant trevallies,snapper,sweet lips and if your lucky the Thresher shark. there contact nos. +63 9215885994 / +63 9064545602 e-mail add: searider_mark@yahoo.co.uk

for your nxt dive destination, i highly recommend Apo Island.(its by my experienced)

Cabbie, yes i support what searider wrote here.Ive been in PG many times until one day,the tourist guide told me about sea rider dive center.Because im a serious photographer i moved to sea rider.we dove around 90 minutes for same dive rate(Php 900 per dive)but mostly they dive 1 hour(depends how good you are in air).there services is really good.they pick me up at sabang pier by there speed boat for free(Vice versa) The only dive resort thats offer FREE COFFEE! we dive at Macro's HEAVEN dive site.this is a secret dive site of sea rider dive center because they dont want to disturb this dive site by novice diver.they bring only photographers and well discipline divers. there dive guides(instructor/Dm's) are very well known to each dive site.they have eye like an eagle, they are very good in small critters. they know where to find the school of Jacks and Giant Trevallies and the last time i dove with them they promise me to see the Thresher shark and its happen!my first time to see that kind of shark!

Mark is the name of the owner,he is padi instructor and very friendly person and friendly dive shop in PG!

for your next dive place, yes, Dumaguete dive with DIVEWORX dive shop

Cheers,
mermaid

Aquaventure would be a nice safe place to stay for a single woman.

Unless Chip was staying at AquaV...:mooner: j/k
Great place, reasonable rates. Only drawback is they're usually full with the weekend Manila crowd who usually hire out full boats for their groups. Just check ahead to see if there are any groups you can join or else you might need to hire an entire bangka/ DM for yourself.

For something slightly more upscale and quieter, I strongly suggest Solana Bezo.
http://www.divesolana.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom