Peter Built Regulator Tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flachköpper

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I´m diving now for several years, and want do the regulator service on my own. First of all I ordered some descriptiona and service manuals from US. One of the best: the Airspeedpress and the Peter Built manuals.
But concerning my problem: the Peter Built company charged for handling and shipping $77,- (to Germany)!! Ok, they shipped with UPS tracking system. But I wonder, if there are other possibilities to get the stuff from scubatools. Does anyone know other distributors to order their products? Or are there any other "toolmaker" with these kind of products?

Thanks for answers and greetings from Germany

Hi

Your in Germany land of the milling machines. Just have your tools custom made, its not rocket science.

Amobeus

Custom making of any tool is rather expensive unless you have your own machine shop. Set-up time and the development of the proper jigs and other related tooling is a large part of the initial costs. It is not uncommon for a dive gear manufacturer to spend tens of thousands of dollars to develop a new second stage.

Greg Barlow

If we keep writing bad checks in Iraq and the dollar keeps falling, Peterbuilt tools will keep becoming a better and better deal even with expensive shipping costs.

Hi, :eek:gle:

thanks for Your helpfull postings!
I see, in US the postings are similar to the germans.
By the way: if the milling machines could make scubatools, I would be the king of scuba ... blablabla ...
:crazy3:

The guys from Peterbuilt told me, if they sent the items by USPS, the time of deliverance could take up to 3 months - is this so?

PS: perhaps I should develop a milling machine, that is able to send packets on a cheap and easy way ...

Chris

Flachköpper:
The guys from Peterbuilt told me, if they sent the items by USPS, the time of deliverance could take up to 3 months - is this so?

USPS Air Mail Parcel Post could be the solution. Eg. 1 kg package to Croatia costs $15.50 (Germany even less) and delivery is 4-10 days. USPS Global Express Mail is more expensive ($21.65 for the same package) but it's faster (3-5 days).

I've received packages via USPS AMPP and delivery was little bit longer then specified (2 weeks) but it was OK.

If you arrange with Peterbuilt to send you this way, please let me know (they offered me $100 shipping to Croatia for 1.5kg package).

Here's the link for calculation:

http://ircalc.usps.gov

Here's a good rule: NEVER, EVER use UPS (the big brown machine) to ship ANYTHING to Europe. They will overcharge you ridiculously. I have had the best luck with the US Postal Service Air Parcel Post. Recently shipped something to Spain that cost me only $18 and it took ten days to get there.

Someone's gotta talk to Peterbuilt and show them the light...

3 months is obviously BS. that's how long it takes a diver to cross the atlantic wearing pink force fins. usps via air is a sensible solution. just curious, what are you ordering and how heavy is it?
sb ist in der regel besser als andere boards. lass dich von der einen super daemlichen antwort nicht abschrecken.

and ship global. The US mail either Air or Air Parcel Post to Europe is 5 to 10 days depending where you are. Global Priority mail is 4 to 7 days. Surface mail (by boat is 4 to 8 weeks). The cost difference between the surface parcel post and air is only a few dollars. Your UPS at $77.00 was about $35.00 profit to the shipper. Hope this helps.

Keep those Euro's coming!

A personal "thanks" to Boogie711. The amazing ones are truly the shopmonkeys ...

And many thanks to the others. I agree with metaldector "Your UPS at $77.00 was about $35.00 profit to the shipper".

@docmartin: war auch nicht so ernst gemeint. habe in der Tat einen ganz guten Eindruck vom scubaboard. I ordered just the Regulator Savvy Book - not too heavy at all!

@MonkSeal: I´ll send You a personal mail - could be of Your interest.

Thanks to all the others

Back
Top Bottom