Pescador Island & sardines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The sardines around Pescador Island are amazing. I was there in July of 2009, and I talked with divers who saw them a couple of months before then. I think that they might be seasonal, but I am not sure.

We stayed at Kasai Village Resort, and we did 3 or 4 trips to Pescador Island, and saw the sardines on every trip. The dive guides from Kasai were excellent.

Here are some pics.
3706256557_a98ab377d1.jpg

3685885475_8b0091664b.jpg

3720753848_7a2c6a2287.jpg

3685799720_60fdf0c1b2.jpg

You can see from some of the photos that it is possible to get very close to the schools of sardines. When they swim around you, it is easy to get underwater vertigo (in a good way, I suppose).

Here is the full set of pics from that trip. 2009 moalboal philippines - a set on Flickr

Let me know if you have any questions.

WOW makes me wanna go!
great pics

what months/season do you see this sardine run

i will be there in may, hopefully they will be there then.

I hope so (and based on my experience, it is likely). Good luck!

just contacted a dive opertor, they are still there indeed and have been around for more than a year.
im thinking of going there on the first week of may also.

@rab1412000

Thanks for the update. I will be there about May 15th, so i will be there pretty soon. I really look forward to getting some great dive photos of me in the school or beside it. i think i am staying at the Tipolo Beach Resort. from what i understand it is right on the water and the rooms run around 2000 pescos......

There are better bars in PG eg. Gecko(LBC) than The Point Bar!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^

Sacrilege!!!

i did not stay at the point bar much, even when i stayed at el gallon. the bar is fine but the in town fun is a 1000 times better.....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom