Personal pet peeve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve changed my mind. My peeve is when people add words to a phrase that doesn’t change the meaning. Like personal AND pet to peeve. Why?

I’ve changed my mind. My peeve is when people add words to a phrase that doesn’t change the meaning. Like personal AND pet to peeve. Why?

Hmm. That's very unique.

I use the nose cancellers to. Be sure to make sure they're paired correctly. I was walking through the airport minding my own damn business and trying to rock to AC/DC (good airport music) and, I could hear the song but the volume just didn't seem to be working. I kept turning up the phone but the music only got a tiny bit louder. About then I noticed the strange looks and realised I was blasting "Big Balls" from my phone because I wasn't paired. Oops.

I’d like to say that that only happend once but no... The other time was Scottish bag pipe music, which drowns out screaming babies really well by the way. Still, strange looks from people though.

That’s pretty funny!!

While I’m generally in your camp, this seems picayune. Have you had your own personal cup of coffee this morning?

While I’m generally in your camp, this seems picayune. Have you had your own personal cup of coffee this morning?
Just half a real? Surely worth a bit more than that. Perhaps even two bits.

I have no current pet peeves to bitch about. I live on a secluded 10.82 acres in the middle of nowhere with very little traffic. In addition, I am surrounded by five-acre lots that buffer any traffic noise and keep my hooligans (cats) safe from speeding cars. In addition, the springs (caves) are diveable again and the Covid restrictions are lifting, so I'll get to travel again soon. Life is pretty damn sweet!

I have no current pet peeves to bitch about. I live on a secluded 10.82 acres in the middle of nowhere with very little traffic. In addition, I am surrounded by five-acre lots that buffer any traffic noise and keep my hooligans (cats) safe from speeding cars. In addition, the springs (caves) are diveable again and the Covid restrictions are lifting, so I'll get to travel again soon. Life is pretty damn sweet!
But would you be happier with 10.83 acres?

Isn’t that what a personal pet peeve is? Something picayune?

That's way too much lawn to mow. Or weeds to pull. Or undergrowth to whatever you do with undergrowth.

I assume you also have gators which are way scarier than sharks.

But would you be happier with 10.83 acres?
That would be too, too much. :D
That's way too much lawn to mow. Or weeds to pull. Or undergrowth to whatever you do with undergrowth.
It's part tree farm, part farm, but mostly lawn. It takes 7+ hours to mow. It's my Forrest Gump time.

SNPp5IN6pRSSID7gfJrk6Y_ORfpKt7CkMR9W-V-Qa4bLu6eoAynFU1P_5f6VjDzRl6wb2Q=w2180-h1635-no?authuser=0.jpg

jbhg1fb4l7SjmzCoPO-eRVDnKLv3RyzquZFZqECcuOEMfJ9iOVaFdoenH3koEn-7LcYX0ifA=w322-h242-no?authuser=0.jpg

AxgFvKPGRA2Q0yDrejWC-kyp8wcVxqFfT5-bFHEaCfj6u9RTf48PpVXP7KKeuIal3e8hdfWA=w327-h245-no?authuser=0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom