Personal pet peeve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sitting in an airport and being forced to listen to both sides of a conversation on speakerphone ... or FaceTime... or someone watching a movie or playing a game on their device without using a headset ...

That’s everyone’s pet peeve

Pet peeve of mine after reading many vacation posts:

Poster writes “I’m going to X place in a few days. Which dive op to use?”

How can you set up an overseas trip and not plan more than a few days in advance who you’re going to be diving with?

i wish i could "like" both of the above comments multiple times.

the electronic addiction that is rampant across the world will never go away. couple that with the fact that most people don't care how their behavior affects anyone around them, and we end up with these type of complaints.

my favorite is at the gym when people spend more time on their phone either talking or texting rather than finishing their reps to make way for the next person.

Prohibited in most lounges:)

Prohibited in most lounges:)

But was happening in the Admirals Club! By TWO different groups of people!!

But was happening in the Admirals Club! By TWO different groups of people!!
Say something then, I would!

Say something then, I would!

Boarded the flight now. But maybe if there’s a next time (because maybe people will learn to be more polite by our return layover?!) :rofl3:

I was about to say, it's particularly grating when it's done in an executive club, but the OP beat me to it. MIA Admirals Club, ahem!

Sitting in an airport and being forced to listen to both sides of a conversation on speakerphone ... or FaceTime... or someone watching a movie or playing a game on their device without using a headset ...

I wouldn't know about this, this isn't allowed in first or business class lounges. What I don't like is when they run out of honey roasted cashews in the lounge and I have to settle for the pistachios. The steak in the Swiss first class lounge is small so I have to get two servings which doesn't leave room on the table for fish dish.

Worst thing is the slow internet during the flight that makes me go down in resolution for YouTube videos I watch during the flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom