Personal pet peeve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waiting For An Elevator [Lift we call them], someone has just farted and leaves the lift, people come in on the next floor, you are the only one in the lift and they all look at you, " it was not me", sure.
Not sure if it is a peeve, just, you know?:oops:

A new one.
Surface beside the boat near the boat ladder with surface surge, I turn to this lady diver "you first" [good guy, hey], takes forever to take her fins off, climbs half way and says I have to remove my integrated weights, they will not come out, pull, pull, crew help her remove them and heave her onboard, takes ages, I think 'I could go under and wait' , the current will take me away and I don't want a long swim back? No stay calm, you just had 50min of 'zen'.
Age before beauty next time.
It was a good 50min solo dive .:surrender:
Rant over.

I just got from Malpelo. You dive from RIBs. You hand up your camera, your weights, your BC and cylinder, then your fins. It worked beautifully all week, no problems. We had very good divers.

I just got from Malpelo. You dive from RIBs. You hand up your camera, your weights, your BC and cylinder, then your fins. It worked beautifully all week, no problems. We had very good divers.
Agreed, this what we did when I owned a RIB [6m Avon].

I'm really curious about how you get back onto an RIB. Do they pull you on? Do you hoist yourself up with your arms? How is this done?

I'm really curious about how you get back onto an RIB. Do they pull you on? Do you hoist yourself up with your arms? How is this done?
A nice ladder :)

All the RIBs I've used have had ladders, some better than others, Red Sea, Cocos, Galapagos, Revillagigedos, and Malpelo. I've seen a few of the younger, athletic divers leave their fins on, do a big kick, and pull themselves up and back onto the RIB. My young, athletic days were a little while ago. I'm glad I'm able to dive in all these locations.

A nice ladder :)

All the RIBs I've used have had ladders, some better than others, Red Sea, Cocos, Galapagos, Revillagigedos, and Malpelo. I've seen a few of the younger, athletic divers leave their fins on, do a big kick, and pull themselves up and back onto the RIB. My young, athletic days were a little while ago. I'm glad I'm able to dive in all these locations.

So glad to hear they use ladders. I have a shoulder that is finicky, and I was picturing some young person hauling me in by the arms and me being out of commission for the rest of the trip. Now ... that means I can start looking at trips that I have previously said 'no' to. Thanks!

So glad to hear they use ladders. I have a shoulder that is finicky, and I was picturing some young person hauling me in by the arms and me being out of commission for the rest of the trip. Now ... that means I can start looking at trips that I have previously said 'no' to. Thanks!
Actually, with all your equipment off, climbing up the ladder is easier than many other boats are when you still have your equipment on. You'd do fine.

do a big kick, and pull themselves up and back onto the RIB

I managed to do that four or perhaps it was five years ago, not sure I could do that now.

We had to tow my large instabuddy back to the main boat :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom