Permit to Spear Lionfish on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JHack112

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone know how to go about getting a permit to spear lionfish on Curacao? I know they have the LET (Lionfish Engagement Team) near the seaquarium that you can hunt lions from but my buddy and I are trying to do our own out west and just don't know the permitting process or if tourists even can do it outside of a local operation.
We'll be there November1-11 if anyone wants to buddy up for a day.

JHach112, please post an update if you get an answer from the Curaçao authorities. A year ago we tried to go thru several different dive shops and we're told that only their employees using goverment issued and numbered pole spears were allowed to shot lion fish. Tourist could come along as spotters, but couldn't shoot any. I am going there in January and would like to know if this has changed. Thanks.

Nothing has changed (as far as i know)

It's still illegal to spearfish without a permit or registration, but sadly like many laws on Curacao its's not enforced in any way............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom