Permanent Tank Storage ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BadeInBulverde

Registered
Reaction score
Like many of you I have several (8) tanks of various sizes that I have stored in my garage/shop for several years with periodic use thru the year. I need to recover some of the floor space these puppies are taking up and want to build a 'permanent' home for them.

My notion is to build a small (read big dog house size) 'shed' for them that will sit outside, not be temperature or humidity controlled but will be dry and covered.

I gather from several threads that the accepted storage orientation is upright either full or close to empty - some of the tanks are steel and some aluminium.

So .. does anyone have pictures of their own solution to this quandry to offer or must I forge out in the wilderness unguided?:banghead:

Thanks
Bade

What could be more worthy of garage space than scuba gear?

I beliive you are on the right track with the almost enpty or full & upright rule.
Make sure the valves are well capped so spiders etc. don't nest.

Here's how I store out of service snowblowers in my collection:
http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/snowfaq.html#shed

Pete

Store dive gear outside!?!?!?! No way. Find something else to put in an outside storage house.
As long as you avoid temperature extermes and large differential temperature changes you are okay. Make sure you keep 20 bar in the tanks.

One of the small plastic garden sheds solds at Home Depot or Lowes should fit the bill if tanks are the only equiptment you want to store.

:D You are more than welcome to store them in my indoor, dry, semi-tempertature controlled garage. I've already moved one vehicle outside to make room for tools and tanks. My wife won't mind sctaping snow in the winter on her car. (I hope) :D

captain:
One of the small plastic garden sheds solds at Home Depot or Lowes should fit the bill if tanks are the only equiptment you want to store.

And in fact that is what I went with ... relatively inexpensive ($200), I didn't have to design/build it (a plus!) and was large enough to store some ice chests in it that were also taking up valuable shop space.

Bade:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom