Perfect Hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
perfect hood :

retains 70% of your body heat
keeps you warm even on rashguard (*sic)
fits easily on head - no effort to put on and removed
doesn't constrict carotid arteries
vents bubbles on top
doesn't obstruct your hearing (underwater and topside while afloat)
doesn't pose any problems on mask skirt
drains water from earlobes quickly

*(sic) (from Latin sic for "thus") is a bracketed expression used to indicate that an unusual spelling, phrase, or any other preceding quoted material is intended to be read or printed exactly as shown (rather than being an error) and should not be corrected.

paolov:
perfect hood :

vents bubbles on top

*(sic) (from Latin sic for "thus") is a bracketed expression used to indicate that an unusual spelling, phrase, or any other preceding quoted material is intended to be read or printed exactly as shown (rather than being an error) and should not be corrected.
psst nasan ung hood mo sa avatar mo?!

The use of hoods here bring me many hours of humor. :wink:

Halthron:
The use of hoods here bring me many hours of humor. :wink:

it brings me hours of pleasure as well.... being able to dive without wetsuit and just on skins and shorts.....

paolov:
perfect hood :
vents bubbles on top

If you find one with all these features, please let me know. BTW, the feature where it vents bubbles on top of the hood isnt really needed, if there's a perfect seal around your face.

subzero:
BTW, the feature where it vents bubbles on top of the hood isnt really needed, if there's a perfect seal around your face.

that's a tight hood then.

i have that perfect hood already, i use it everyonce in a while when i still don't want to wear a wetsuit eyebrow

paolov:
that's a tight hood then.

i have that perfect hood already, i use it everyonce in a while when i still don't want to wear a wetsuit eyebrow
Its a 5mm hooded vest that I wear under a 7mm wetsuit, when the temps are between 10 - 18C. The hooded vest is half the size of my torso and putting it on takes some practice, especially the hood. Anyway, I dont blame you for not using it. I hate wearing one myself.

subzero:
Its a 5mm hooded vest that I wear under a 7mm wetsuit, when the temps are between 10 - 18C. The hooded vest is half the size of my torso and putting it on takes some practice, especially the hood. Anyway, I dont blame you for not using it. I hate wearing one myself.

:11doh: you have got to join us in our dives here... you will sweat while diving with us HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!! imagine now 26 centigrade....we call it cold.... imagine 30 centigrade waters ......

aslo.. i don't wear a wetsuit hahahahahha !!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom