Perdix storage during surface interval?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetsuit pockets between dives. I also have a loop of cord with a bolt snap where I snap my computer, compass, SMB, reels, GoPros, mirror, cutters and whatever else. I Just hang it on a visible convenient spot, and at the end of the day, all my instruments are in one bunch which I can take to my room or where ever.

Whatever you do, do it securely, rather than just laying the bungee straps around the first stage.

On a dive boat once, someone left their Perdix loosely attached by the bungee straps and forgot to move it to their arm before rolling backwards of the side. There was video someone took where we could see it as he rolled, and even with multiple people looking it was never found. Well, at least by our group...

In my left pocket.
If you do put it in a pocket, make sure the pocket cannot open if you need to swim /wade to the boat.
Seen quite t a few lost cameras /dive computers that slipped out the pocket during the wade

The fin pocket is a horrible idea...

Between dives my computers typically stay on my wrists. If I do need/decide to remove them, I will either put them in the camera/electronics rinse bin if there is one or attach them to my kit somewhere. I never leave them lying around nor do I put them away as I'll just need to get them back out again.

Stays on my wrist. Things like this seem to find a way to go missing in mixed company.

Between dives, I usually leave it on my wrist. Exceptions would be for hot day with cooler water, wetsuit in the water becomes a sauna suit on deck. In those cases, I slide bungees over a rod hider on my boat. On a charter boat, I'd probably temporarily remove to partially remove the wetsuit, then slide the Perdix back on my wrist.

Depending on the situation, I either wear it, clip it to my harness, clip it to my camera, or stow it in my under-seat crate.....

Option 4 is my least favorite....

On a boat, the computer, compass and mask go around the valve of the tank (which is bungeed in place). It is as safe a place as any on a boat and reminds me to turn valve on and put on my computer and compass when i grab my mask for the next dive.

On a boat, where my gear is secured to the tank rack or bench, my Shearwater clipped to the front d-ring of my harness, screen facing into the harness fabric.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom