Perdix question (High P02)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bre

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue or knows what the problem is

In the advanced config. I have my Max P02 set to 1.4 and 1.61 for deco. However, whenever I am on 02 at 20 feet (or shallower), my computer is flashing red and very unhappy with me.

I actually set the gas to 95/00 rather than 99/00 in an attempt to solve this problem (even though it shouldn't be a problem, because I'm not exceeding 20 feet), but it continues to flash red and tell me that I have a high P02. In this case, the computer is calculating the P02 to be 1.5 something at 20 feet, due to it being set at 95- yet it's still going off.

Basically, as soon as I switch the gas on the computer, it freaks out. I can be at 17 or 18 feet on 95/00 and it is flashing red and saying high P02. like I mentioned, the P02 limit is set to 1.6 for deco, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

My dive buddies have the same settings on their computers and are not experiencing this when they switch to their 02.

If anyone has any insight or knows what's going on, let me know!

Thanks!!

I use 2. One flashes any red and one doesn’t. I’ll check the settings and version of software to see what the difference is. I keep meaning to....

I use 2. One flashes any red and one doesn’t. I’ll check the settings and version of software to see what the difference is. I keep meaning to....

hmm ya I was wondering if it might be a software version issue. let me know if you figure it out, thanks!

One of the reasons that I only dive Shearwater is the phenomenal customer support. I have emailed them on a Sunday night and have gotten an answer in 20 minutes. Service turnaround is also great.

Give them a shout and see what they say...

Reactions: Bre
One of the reasons that I only dive Shearwater is the phenomenal customer support. I have emailed them on a Sunday night and have gotten an answer in 20 minutes. Service turnaround is also great.

Give them a shout and see what they say...

That's good to hear. I will definitely send them an email if I can't sort it out in the next couple days. Thanks

Curious what software version you're running. They changed the way MOD and alarms work in the latest software release.

Back
Top Bottom