What is Wrong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that's a flying gurnard.
Don't think it is the standard one as you see many of those in Asia, this one is much smaller with bright red sails the guide had never seen one before and it was new to me and I've been diving in Asia for 20 years.
NOte, had a look around and it is some form of a spiny gurnard but I can't see the colourations of the one I saw.

because I made that mistake myself in the past
haha
I looked through some of my old ORF files and realised I have had this problem from time to time and not known what caused it. So thanks a lot for your answer.

HA! Great line as I am a sucker for difficult, Birding and diving don't get a lot tougher than that.....
I saw something I had never seen before on this last trip and still managed to stuff the shot up...GRRRR!
Some form of a scorpion fish but about 3" long and new to me.
View attachment 814581
Your little fishy, is a Dragonet . I don't have my books for your region with me, but it gives you a place to start!

Your little fishy, is a Dragonet . I don't have my books for your region with me, but it gives you a place to start!
Thanks for the hint it's a fingered dragonet. Dactylopus dactylopus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom