Perdix can't set gf to 50/>90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveClimbRide

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As title says get an error that says invalid when gf low >50 then gf high <90. Anyone know why shearwater decided to implement this?

As title says get an error that says invalid when gf low >50 then gf high <90. Anyone know why shearwater decided to implement this?

What firmware do you have? I do not see any error like that. I set GF 60/80 and received no errors. Are you trying to set this in Recreational Mode? I have a Perdix AI, but I would not expect it to be different in the GF code.

Right now my standard setting for my Petrel and Perdix are 60/75 for tech dives and 60/85 for recreational dives. All the people I dive with for regular tech diving use something in that range.

What firmware do you have? I do not see any error like that. I set GF 60/80 and received no errors. Are you trying to set this in Recreational Mode? I have a Perdix AI, but I would not expect it to be different in the GF code.

No I got it in 3 gas nitrox and in tec mode. Firmware is pretty recent not sure of its the latest but not more than a month or two old.

As for why I have such high gfs I'm trying to match the NDLs on the rental computers. We just do an extended safety stop if we get close to ndl. I usually surface with a surfacegf of 70ish

I use 30/80 as directed by my hyperbaric medicine doctor friend who was one of the docs at DAN who prescribed and directed hyperbaric treatments for DCS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom