Perdix BO TTS ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a way to display the TTS in case of switching to BO on a Perdix?

I would like to know how long will be my deco in case of BO.

Seems like someone brought this up before recently, but I can't rightly recollect... I'll see if I can find it.

Seems like the answer was currently "no" but it was a big hit and lots of folks would like to see it added, including yours truly.

Nope.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean.

When I was doing my class I would bail out and then change my computers to BO mode. When done they all three (including the perdix) would display TTS.

For prior to the dive we would figure out having to BO at worst time and calculate the stops on the BO mixes then calculate amount needed to make said stops.

When I was doing my class I would bail out and then change my computers to BO mode. When done they all three (including the perdix) would display TTS.

For prior to the dive we would figure out having to BO at worst time and calculate the stops on the BO mixes then calculate amount needed to make said stops.
i think he means a real time screen display without switching to BO -to which the answer is no

It’s exactly this but without switching to BO mode.

I want to know … if I have to BO what’s my TTS.

I understand that you can switch quickly and look, but I thought it would be nice to have it in a widget, preferably in the multi widget.

i think he means a real time screen display without switching to BO -to which the answer is no

I wouldn't want it to, you have changed your gas mixture as such your stops and TTS would change. Best to tell your computer what your doing so it provides accurate info.

I understand that you can switch quickly and look, but I thought it would be nice to have it in a widget, preferably in the multi widget.
it would be possible to write software to do this on the controller as a widget it is simply a read out based on current data -rightly or wrongly i guess my suspicion is that you want to push your dive to the max BO- is there a situation that you want this information for any other purpose?

Best to tell your computer what your doing so it provides accurate info.
I think you're misunderstanding. I'm pretty sure the computer would be switched if BO was necessary and that the OP is talking about having that information prior to bailing out.

I suspect the desire is similar to what is done for a flexible OC dive plan. You make a plan, verify sufficient deco gas, and then regard TTS as a surrogate for that aggregate deco obligation including the gas required. When you deviate from the plan (e.g., 20 ft shallower), you can stay longer than originally planned. How long? Various considerations, but one limit is when real-time TTS matches the planned TTS. Seeing that OC TTS while in CC mode gives you the feedback that you are still within the planned OC deco capabilities when making deviations from the CC plan. Yes, the CC TTS is a similar surrogate, but not quite as direct/applicable as the OC TTS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom