Perdix AI with both single tank and SM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GTM is gas time remaining based on current depth and gas consumption rate.
Also strictly my opinion and I certainly would never tell someone how to use their computer, but I would caution using your computer in tech mode while recreation diving. That's a discussion for another thread! I love my perdix in both side mount and back mount!

No mention of "GTM" in the manual. GTR is Gas Time Remaining.

I use my computer in OC Tec mode when tech diving. I don't see any reason to change it just because I'm doing a recreational dive.

I use my computer in OC Tec mode when tech diving. I don't see any reason to change it just because I'm doing a recreational dive.
Don't you miss the 3-5 minutes SS countdown in Tec mode?

TBH, if it doesn't do that in OC Tec mode, I didn't notice or miss it. My Seabear H3 always does the SS countdown, even after completing a deco obligation, so I generally am watching that at the end. And, for a while now, it seems like even on dives that are supposed to be NDL dives, I end up going 1 - 3 minutes into deco. So, what my Perdix does when I don't exceed my NDL is something I just can't remember right now.

yes, but why can't you just make a quick mental note of your dive time and hang out for as long as you want? You either can make a direct ascent to the surface, or you have a mandatory decompression stop. If you choose to make a safety stop, that's obviously a good thing, but it's not mandatory. I personally dive with my GF's set quite conservative, so while most people have a "safety stop", I have mandatory decompression stop

Auto correct strikes again! Yes, GTR not GTM.

Back
Top Bottom