Perdix AI with both single tank and SM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Who uses their Perdix AI both single tank and SM? I will be using it for both and just have a question on display, etc.

I set up tank 1 to show GTM and that will be the transmitter I use for single tank diving.

Do you just leave the display showing both tanks? (obviously one tank won't be showing any pressure).

Any issues?

Thanks!

While I haven't been in sidemount for a bit, but I believe I was displaying the pressure of both tanks on my Perdix AI. I don't care about GTM or anything like that, just the pressure in each tank.

I use mine for both, you just turn off the transmitter your not using and it will only display the one you are.

Just change the settings as needed.

No point displaying nothing for T2 when not needed.

I use mine for both.

I don't know what GTM is.

I leave mine in OC Tec mode set to show both transmitters even when I'm diving single tank. IIRC, it just stops showing anything for T2 once the dive starts.

GTM is gas time remaining based on current depth and gas consumption rate.
Also strictly my opinion and I certainly would never tell someone how to use their computer, but I would caution using your computer in tech mode while recreation diving. That's a discussion for another thread! I love my perdix in both side mount and back mount!

My Perdix is set up in rec mode, so I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

ver tell someone how to use their computer, but I would caution using your computer in tech mode while recreation diving. That's a discussion for another thread! I love my perdix in both side mount and back mount!

I'm not sure what you think the problem would be, other than perhaps the user modifying the GF in an unsafe way. The default in tech mode is 30/70, even more conservative than the most conservative setting in recreational mode.

I'll be running mine with both transmitters just displaying pressure most of the time. If I'm running single tank or backmount it will be pretty much for a dedicated trip so I'll just shut the second transmitter off. Uses more battery to find the transmitter that isn't there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom