For Sale Perdix AI & Transmitter - SOLD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a Suunto EON Core. I was thinking of not selling the Perdix AI and using both computers after reading Mark Powell's Technical Diving: An Introduction which states that tech divers often use two computers for the sake of redundancy. I dunno...
You might be able to match your Perdix reasonably closely with the Eon Core. From what I understand, the setting P-2 is pretty close to 45/95. Not sure what might match other GF settings

I have an AOW cert, boat dives include 60, 80, and 100 ft sw, in Monterey Bay, Central Coast, CA. We did 3 boats dives like these, two days in a row.

Hmm. As @stuartv commented about the Teric having audible alarms, I'm thinking why not get a Teric? And keep the Perdix AI? I know that is not an inexpensive solution, but it will support you for any kind of diving you ever do. And while two computers are not needed for recreational diving, I like to have redundancy when on trips, as I spent a lot of time and money to go places. But again, an expensive solution. If this is too much, sell the Perdix AI and get a Teric.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

This is no way a criticism of how anyone uses his computer, but I find it interesting that we use this device so we don't have to think too much about tables and timers, making us lazy in a sense. Then some also want to be reminded to actually look at the thing by having alarms. I'm imagining where this is going. Maybe a future computer that has no display at all and no alarms. Maybe it will have thrusters to prevent people from ascending too fast or blowing needed stops or getting lost, etc. No thinking needed at all.

Thank you all for the information and input.

Pelagic, I’d like to purchase this if it’s still available. I messaged you directly.

This is no way a criticism of how anyone uses his computer, but I find it interesting that we use this device so we don't have to think too much about tables and timers, making us lazy in a sense. Then some also want to be reminded to actually look at the thing by having alarms. I'm imagining where this is going. Maybe a future computer that has no display at all and no alarms. Maybe it will have thrusters to prevent people from ascending too fast or blowing needed stops or getting lost, etc. No thinking needed at all.

I agree with this completely. I'm selling the Perdix AI because I bought an EON Core that will be in better sync with the EON Steel used by my buddy, and when alarms sound, we are on point at the exact same time. I can also connect to his pod and check where he's at with air since I am a far more cautious diver and he's easily distracted. The day his EON Core was having a fit, after the dives were over, my buddy had so many painful pricks in his feet that he thought he gotten stung by a bee, and he's deathly allergic to bees. So off he went to the hospital getting the anti-sting stuff, where the doctors said he was fine, and told him no more dives for a while, and no further treatment needed. I noticed after those dives that I was dizzy as well, and had pin pricks on my feet. Now that I'm a little more well-read, I think I might have been more alarmed than I was. In retrospect, if we had not stopped two times on that last dive, I can't say were wouldn't be two newly minted AOWs with DCS. So, in short, it's about erring on the side of safety and being in sync as a duo. When we are more experienced divers, maybe we'll go without the electronic reminders. I can get another Perdix or a Teric in the future.

Hi @PelagicPK

I wish you the very best in your future diving, If I may ask, what personal level was your buddy diving when he had these symptoms? What level do you and your buddy intend on diving in the future?

Good diving, Craig

Hi @PelagicPK

I wish you the very best in your future diving, If I may ask, what personal level was your buddy diving when he had these symptoms? What level do you and your buddy intend on diving in the future?

Good diving, Craig

Hi Craig, thank you for the well wishes! My buddy and I are at the exact same level, got certified at the same time. We had just finished the AOW dives when the symptoms cropped up. Since then we've done nothing but shore dives. We start the dive where the water is over our head and often emerge when it's fairly shallow. It's Monterey; you see cool stuff the entire time, plus I have 2 steel 117s to give us distance. So, it's gradual in, gradual out. We're going back to boat dives next week, so I have our Suuntos synced up and ready to be more conscientious here forward.

Hi Craig, thank you for the well wishes! My buddy and I are at the exact same level, got certified at the same time. We had just finished the AOW dives when the symptoms cropped up. Since then we've done nothing but shore dives. We start the dive where the water is over our head and often emerge when it's fairly shallow. It's Monterey; you see cool stuff the entire time, plus I have 2 steel 117s to give us distance. So, it's gradual in, gradual out. We're going back to boat dives next week, so I have our Suuntos synced up and ready to be more conscientious here forward.
If you remember, let us know what personal levels you are diving your computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom