For Sale Perdix AI & Transmitter - SOLD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rather than sell this, get a used crappy computer to run in parallel. I suspect that in no time, you won't even miss the beeps.

Good question! I think the EON Steel was set for a deeper stop while the AI wanted a stop closer to the surface, if memory serves me right.

Rather than sell this, get a used crappy computer to run in parallel. I suspect that in no time, you won't even miss the beeps.
I bought a Suunto EON Core. I was thinking of not selling the Perdix AI and using both computers after reading Mark Powell's Technical Diving: An Introduction which states that tech divers often use two computers for the sake of redundancy. I dunno...

I bought a Suunto EON Core. I was thinking of not selling the Perdix AI and using both computers after reading Mark Powell's Technical Diving: An Introduction which states that tech divers often use two computers for the sake of redundancy. I dunno...

If I'm doing a bigger dive with lots of deco, I wear two Shearwaters. My only concern with your plan is that the decompression algorithms aren't likely to be the same. This just means that you're going to need to engage your brain a little, something I personally try to avoid doing when I'm diving.

My current task-loading challenge is to engage my brain with my dive computer WHILE making sure my dive buddy isn't wandering off course. But I digress... : /

My current task-loading challenge is to engage my brain with my dive computer WHILE making sure my dive buddy isn't wandering off course. But I digress... : /

I hear you brother. That's why both of us dive solo... together. Sort of.

Good question! I think the EON Steel was set for a deeper stop while the AI wanted a stop closer to the surface, if memory serves me right.
How deep of a dive was this? You stated that for your level of experience, you’d like warnings. I’m just curious as to where you are in terms of certification/training and experience.

I have an AOW cert, boat dives include 60, 80, and 100 ft sw, in Monterey Bay, Central Coast, CA. We did 3 boats dives like these, two days in a row.

I dive with 2 computers on all dives.

If 1 dies, I don't have to end the dive early (unless it's a tech dive).

Also if 1 dies and I have any more dives planned, then I can stick with my plan because the 1 computer that is good knows what my inert gas tissue loading is from my previous dive(s). If, just for example, I had 2 computers but I only took 1 in the water, then if that 1 computer died, I would probably have to sit out the rest of the day before I could resume diving the next day with the other computer. Some people will say "just use tables to plan your next dive" but the problem with that is that any kind of multi-level dive will often result in tables saying that you exceeded your NDL, so you are required to sit out for 24 hours.

Simplest thing to ensure you don't have to miss any dives or cut any dives short is to dive with 2 computers all the time. Even for recreational, NDL diving.

As an aside, the Shearwater Teric has options for beeps, vibration, both, or none. I have a Perdix AI and, now, 2 Terics. I like them that much better than the Perdix. I really do not care for "brick" computers like the Perdix or Eon Core or Steel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom