Perdix AI and left port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I tried mine out today for the first time.
I wore it on left wrist and the port is on the right. I didn't have a single issue with it.
I tried it at home when I was setting it up and I got 10-12 feet away before it dropped however i had to get about 5 feet away before it would re connect. it didn't drop once diving and I swam with arms full outstretched for a good minute trying to see if it would drop.

Thank you for the trial, just what I was hoping to hear.

I have used my transmitter with my Oceanic Atom on the opposite side wrist a few times. What I have noticed is that occasionally when I hold my hand up to read my computer, I will see that it had lost signal while my hand was down near my waist, but as soon as I hold it up, it re-connects and I get my pressure reading. So, I maybe have to wait 1/2 second longer to see my pressure than if I remember to wear my computer on the same side as the transmitter, where I never get even that brief drop-out.

I've only dived the Perdix AI this past weekend and I always had it on the same side as the transmitter (where it worked perfectly), so I have experience specifically with the Perdix being on the opposite side.

Any more experience with opposite side transmitter? I'm looking for AI for entirely data mongering and gadgetry reasons. I will always have my SPG attached on the left HP port of my Scubapro Mk 17, meaning the transmitter will have to be on my right port (I wear dive com on left wrist).

I'm looking to upgrade from my Petrel 1. Funny, I thought the Petrel was tiny compared to the Predator. But now I feel that the Petrel is enormous compared to the Perdix. I know its consumerism/gadgetry at its worst, but I'm justifying the purchase by saying I'm getting all the upgrades from Petrel 2 (digital compass), Perdix (smaller form factor) and now AI.

I use it on the opposite side. No problems. I also use a short 4" (?) HP hose as well. Sometimes in bumpy water, the boat guys might grab the transmitter by accident instead of valve handle.

I also experienced some very short loss of signal while my wrist was along my body, waiting about 1 sec before the reading was good again. I shortly noticed that raising the wrist to read the tank pressure (being too lazy to unclip the SPG). I can't notice any significant signal loss in the graph once I download the dive on the Shearwater Desktop application.
I wear the Perdix on the right forearm, the trasmitter is on a 10-12cm short hose on the right side - the hose is there just to avoid someone rise the tank grabbing on the trasmitter.

Any more experience with opposite side transmitter? I'm looking for AI for entirely data mongering and gadgetry reasons. I will always have my SPG attached on the left HP port of my Scubapro Mk 17, meaning the transmitter will have to be on my right port (I wear dive com on left wrist).

I'm looking to upgrade from my Petrel 1. Funny, I thought the Petrel was tiny compared to the Predator. But now I feel that the Petrel is enormous compared to the Perdix. I know its consumerism/gadgetry at its worst, but I'm justifying the purchase by saying I'm getting all the upgrades from Petrel 2 (digital compass), Perdix (smaller form factor) and now AI.

I used it on left hp port on a 6" hose, zero issues.

Computer on right wrist?

I have a camera with all the complications. Its generally held by my left hand, and my right hand does all the camera controls. Its much easier for me to have my dive com and compass on my left. Maybe w the smaller perdix, I can be comfortable w it on my right.

Back
Top Bottom