Perdix 2, Petrel 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool, but it's targeted at a pretty thin market, tech divers using multiple gas mixtures that demand AI. I wonder how big that market really is

Cool, but it's targeted at a pretty thin market, tech divers using multiple gas mixtures that demand AI. I wonder how big that market really is
I feel the vibration in the rebreather monitors (and I assume eventually controllers) is a significant and positive change, assuming it’s of sufficient strength. The rest I’m fairly indifferent about but the number of people using AI for sidemount and or dil/oxygen monitoring is growing. That said, nothing that’s a “need,” though I do think the Petrel 3 is a huge upgrade for those people that believe 1 monitor without vibrate is appropriate for their CCR use.

let's hope they are smart and actually let the dealers buy the 4-pins instead of restricting them to manufacturers.... In the immortal words of @The Chairman, I will follow the first rule of scuba diving and not hold my breath

you'd be surprised at how many sidemount cave divers are using AI these days. It's a game changer on long range stuff where you are on a DPV since you have to come off the trigger to check SPG's in sidemount as its a 2-hand operation.

let's hope they are smart and actually let the dealers buy the 4-pins instead of restricting them to manufacturers.... In the immortal words of @The Chairman, I will follow the first rule of scuba diving and not hold my breath

you'd be surprised at how many sidemount cave divers are using AI these days. It's a game changer on long range stuff where you are on a DPV since you have to come off the trigger to check SPG's in sidemount as its a 2-hand operation.
I think you made my point. Caver(s) are maybe 1-2% of all certified divers?

Not very big, but growing every day.

Back
Top Bottom