Pelican case valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redtide

Registered
Reaction score
Does the valve on a pelican case need to have anything done to it, or does it work on its own? Maybe its a silly question, but I'm flying with it for the first time, and they guy that sold it to me said this valve would come in handy when I'm flying. Great, but I don't know if I'm supposed to know how to operate the valve or if it handles the situation on its own, allowing me to open the case easily after flying. Thanks for your help!

If it has a knob on it, it has to be screwed in (clockwise) to be waterproof/airtight....if it is the newer type some of them have no knob and it does it all on its own.
If you screw it in and you fly you will have to open it (counterclockwise) to get the case open. Hope this helps.

It helps indeed! Thank you so much. Now, I'm off to Bali TODAY, WOO HOO!!!

The new atmospheric purge valves, do the trick on it's own, these are the valves that have a hole in the middle and you can see the inner part.

Older screw-on models, should be maintained open when air traveling to allow automatic equalization during the flight, and screw shut when water tightness is needed.

Is that there tough enougt to tighten the valve so that the pressure of flying wont go up/down to mess w/ your cameras o-rings......if they are kept locked shut.....I havent had a case break yet and we use them for our haz-mat equipment (really sensitive to atmospheric changes)
I think they are the best thing since sliced bread!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom