Pelham

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRESSIDVR9

Reaction score
I plan to be in Pelham Thursday and Friday of this week.
Anyone know what the current dive conditions are at Blue Water?

I DON'T KNOW THE CURRENT CONDITIONS, BUT I HAVE WENT DIVING THERE ALOT. i LOVE IT. I HAVENT WENT IN A COUPLE OF YEARS, DO THEY STILL HAVE BUDDAH ON THE FIRE TRUCK?

CRESSIDVR9:
I plan to be in Pelham Thursday and Friday of this week.
Anyone know what the current dive conditions are at Blue Water?
COLD!
With a very distinct thermocline---other than that its fun

Has either one of you been to Rock Divers in Madison at their quarry, or to the quarry in Moulton, AL? My husband is getting trained through rock divers. I used to dive there alot.

Yes, they have a missile, i think a jet and some more, thats at the one in Madison, al

The one in Moulton has a school bus, the last i remember, oh yeah and some boats.

I haven't been to either one in so long. I love how pelham has that blue look. Its was bigger than these other two quarries im talking about, but i live like 15 minutes from each one, so i guess i works out great!

I was at Blue Water a little over a week ago. The water is cold but I wear 3mil on the extremities and 6mil on the core, with gloves and hood. The thermocline is about 15 feet deep right now. Well the first one anyway. The best thing about Blue Water is, of course, that I have gotten to know the new owners pretty well over the past few years. It is sort of like a diving home now. Anyway, rock divers is interesting and does seem to get a little warmer in the summer. The thermoclines at blue water stay deeper until mid Dec or even Jan. I did my rebreather check out there the second week of Jan two years ago. Anyway, they maintain a website and you can always give them a call and check the conditions. Wayne and Steven are great and there is always someone there to help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom