Pelagics in Indo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shafan1234

Registered
Reaction score
Where is the best place for Pelagics in Indo??

I died Pulah-Weh pre-tsunami.. pretty amazing...

any suggestions?

Thanks.

I have heard Raja Ampat is the spot...which I am going to in December. Another place I have is a liveaboard that goes to the Walindi area.....they say some great stuff.

Awesome video do you think all of that footage was shot in Bali?....I did not know they had Hammerheads there.

Its a hard question really,Indonesia offers so much and so much diversity and is such a vast area and fantastic destination and from my experience in Indonesia waters anything can turn up,Raja Ampat You will see Mantas,Wobagong sharks for sure,Alor some sharks and Dolphins for sure,Flores what ever may pop up,Komodo some sharks and Mantas for sure,Wakatobi some sharks,plenty Turtles(thought i was at Sipadan at one point)Manado some sharks,turtles for sure and on smaller areasaround Nusa Pendia.Lembongan enough dives some sharks and mantas,Lombok turtles and some sharks after a few dives,Bali certain areas after a few dives will see some turtle and Sharks.

Thats what i would say you will see and anything else what maybe hanging about but in full answer of your question and would like the thoughts of others especially Bodiver i think the east coast of Borneo has everything to keep you divers fully happy with Sipadan.(Mabul,Kapalia macro)Dewawan,Sangalaki,Kakaban and Maratua ok the last 4 only Indonesia but in these 4 you will see so much for sure and this gets my vote for sure as well as seeing turtle laying and hatching out on the beach and Sangalaki blew me away for that.

So East coast of Borneo :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the info....I'm doing Layang Layang in April....during the Hammerhead migration....should be a great trip.

am going to Raja Ampat in Dec. as well. but heard that it's more "Macro" place....
as for mantas, I guess easy access is to go to Bali and dive at Manta point. lots of mantas and dive guide told us 80% guarantee!

Ahhhh...Raja is known for bigger stuff...Im sure there is Macro.....people call Raja the new Palau....there are a couple of dives around the Sorido resort that are well know for Mantas...Are you thinking of the Lembeh straits?

I just returned from the Komodo Islands, diving with Reefseekers out of Labuanbajo. There certainly was not a shortage of fish, from sharks to mantas, tuna and even dolphins on one dive as they were in 'hunting mode' awesome to see.

Travelnsj:
Ahhhh...Raja is known for bigger stuff...Im sure there is Macro.....people call Raja the new Palau....there are a couple of dives around the Sorido resort that are well know for Mantas...Are you thinking of the Lembeh straits?

New Palau really!? That's good to hear that. hmmm..... schooling greyreefs......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom