Pelagics in Indo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derawan, Sangalaki, Kakaban, Maratua at eastern coast of Bonneo shoul be a good place for you to visit and dive, but you have to have litle bit more spare time to travel to that area due to the access, if time is not a matter then that place should your consideration to Visit.

Derawan Diving with lot of macro stuff, so many turtles arond... they are very friendly, during high tide they will come to the shallow water, even you are standing at the jetty you will easily could see 5 to 10 turtles feeding at shallow water.

Sangalaki Island , very famous with mantas, last week I dove 18 time, easly I saw 10- to 20 mantas at one dive amazing, shallow dive nice coral woooowwwwww, wonderfull place, plus you can see hachtling baby turtle on the Island or turtle lay their egg every night.

Kakaban Island, With Barracudas, Shark, and Hammerhead also could be seen there but you have to dive deeper 50 m normlly you can see them, plus the non stinging jelly fish lake with millions of them, where you can snokle ther amzing too !!!!!!

Maratua with Bigger schooling baracudas and eagle rays, sharks, the current is very strong ( where the dive in the maratua channel)

That area is amazing, but not many people are knowing this place where to me this is the world class diving, to me even much better than sipadan.

any question cantact me at kadek112003@yahoo.com or at +62-81346217872

Cheers,

Kadek

About maratua, it seems that there is time of the year with less pelagics less curent ?? )
what would be the better moment to go there ( Pelagics? Visibility ? )

To Dive Maratua, there is one best place to dive which is the channel, at the channel itself best time to dive is when the current raise up from low to high, you will se more fish there if the current is strong. when there is a current ??? best it must be 4 days to the dark moon or 4 days before the full moon where the tide changing very high.

Sangalaki, also very interesting with the mantas and the coral, it is amazing dive spot.

Cheers

Kadek

To Dive Maratua, there is one best place to dive which is the channel, at the channel itself best time to dive is when the current raise up from low to high, you will se more fish there if the current is strong. when there is a current ??? best it must be 4 days to the dark moon or 4 days before the full moon where the tide changing very high.

Sangalaki, also very interesting with the mantas and the coral, it is amazing dive spot.

Cheers

Kadek

Been to Layang Layang?.....headed there in April.

Back
Top Bottom