Vaccine checking when entering Indo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone know what's the latest requirements are when entering Indo these days? I hear that you need to carry a card showing two Covid Vaccinations and a booster.

Is this true? Any updates?

That's what I read too. IMO, due to the still-changing COVID world, we're a long way from not proving vaccination. I carry my vaccine card with my passport and never leave home without it. You never know if and when there could be a sudden change to requirements while you're traveling, and I really don't want to be stuck in another country without proof when those changes happen.

I left a US airport on United destination Jakarta 4/18. United person checking me in asked for my vaccine card. She asked whether I had the Indonesian AP on my phone. I told her nobody in Indonesia uses it anymore and I did not have it. She said Okay.

When I got to Jakarta nobody asked for a vaccine card.

Once in Indonesia nobody said a word about vaccines.

Until January I was travelling globally for the company I was working with. I found that some days the airlines, and passport control personnel were strict and at other times it was like nobody cared. It is best to be able to meet the requirements of the countries one is traveling to/through so that if you happen to land on a day when they decide to be strict about things you won't be held up.

-Z

My problem is that I'm taking 20 divers with me and I need more than a feeling here... :wink:

Yes, I'll make sure that everyone brings documentation; Just curious about the actual implementation in Manado.

Another detail. The issue of whether a booster in Indonesia is required seemed as clear as mud to me in reading various government sites and other sites.

Before booking my recent trip it seemed to me that a booster was suggested but not required. As I was not going to get one this was a deal breaker for me if it was required. Ultimately I confirmed with my dive resort that it was not required. I showed my vaccine card to the United representative when I checked in at the US airport and no mention of booster was made.

Your mileage may vary. This was my experience.

Same experience here.
Just returned three months ago. Had the shots, got the app and (laboriously) got it to work. I showed it once at a customs desk and the guy ignored it. No one else asked.
Same for my dive buddy.
No one in our group of 14 reported that they needed it, and many didn't have the app, though all had had initial shots. Some didn't have any boosters.
YMMV

I was not asked for vaccine proof by Indonesian immigration for at least my last two trips (April and May), but I still carry it. The last time I was asked for it was by my May LOB.

Just got back from a trip to Manado (yesterday), just as last July they still require proof of vaccination at a health care check point just after the pay visa on arrival booth.
Scoot also checked my certificates when I checked in for the flight.

Also used the e-visa on arrival this time and that helped speed the process as no need to buy the visa when just off the plane.

My Indonesian health app is also up to date but so far no one has ever asked to see it...

Just published yesterday in THE BALI SUN:

"Although there are rumors circulating online that immigration in Bali is not checking Covid-19 certificates (for those over-18 and not medically exempt), insurance documents, customs declarations, return flights, or onward travel plans, it remains the case that these are all documents required by law."

Back
Top Bottom