Peeing in your dry suit mid dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The She-P will last pretty much forever. Only ongoing costs are for isopropyl alcohol and urobond/Hollister spray glue. It's a better long term solution than diapers.

As a person who is curious about, but never tried the She-P, it sure sounds very “involved”. Shaving and gluing? How/when does a girl glue it onto herself before a dive? In the car? On the boat? And how do you remove it after a dive? Can you tell I haven’t figured out the logistics yet? I get that you can shave at home...

I’ve worn adult diapers before due to an illness and I kinda “get” how that will play out. Just bring a fresh pair of daipers or underwear for changing after the dive, wet wipes to clean up and a plastic bag to dispose.

I’m all for a better solution, if She-P is the better solution but I’m not “getting” it yet.

Not a female but wish there were good solutions for my female diving friends.

I’m all for a better solution, if She-P is the better solution but I’m not “getting” it yet.
FAQ

That should answer your questions?

As a person who is curious about, but never tried the She-P, it sure sounds very “involved”. Shaving and gluing? How/when does a girl glue it onto herself before a dive? In the car? On the boat? And how do you remove it after a dive? Can you tell I haven’t figured out the logistics yet? I get that you can shave at home...
You'll get more detailed responses in the private FB group, but to start...

I try to stay "groomed" anyway so shaving the day or two before diving is no big deal.

There is a learning curve on the "application"/glueing, and everyone's anatomy is a bit different so it may take some trial and error to get comfortable with that.
I usually put it on at home and have had it on for up to 10-12 hours if that's what I need to do.

You'll get more detailed responses in the private FB group, but to start...

I try to stay "groomed" anyway so shaving the day or two before diving is no big deal.

There is a learning curve on the "application"/glueing, and everyone's anatomy is a bit different so it may take some trial and error to get comfortable with that.
I usually put it on at home and have had it on for up to 10-12 hours if that's what I need to do.

Thanks for the info...

A lot of my uncertainty has to do with mentally coming to grips with the preparation part...:confused:

I’ve worn adult diapers before due to an illness and I kinda “get” how that will play out. Just bring a fresh pair of daipers or underwear for changing after the dive, wet wipes to clean up and a plastic bag to dispose.

Exactly the reasons for the FB group. As for at what point in the day my wife glues hers on, it depends. When we drive two hours to the lake to dive from shore, she waits until we reach the state park and does it in the restroom. When we are staying in a motel/cabin/whatever that's a few minutes away from the dive site, she would do it before we leave for the dive site. On day boats in the tropics, we use wetsuits, so no She-P. My wife also used her drysuit once on a liveaboard, and she just used diapers instead of a She-P because it's easy to pee just before and just after a dive on a liveaboard--it's not like a small boat. What I mean is that a diaper is fine for peeing once during a dive if one can't hold it in, but not so good for longer dives on which you are sure to be peeing multiple times.

It's a bit easier for us guys, but it's still gluing a catheter to ourselves, so similar issues of where/when best to do it.

Exactly the reasons for the FB group. As for at what point in the day my wife glues hers on, it depends. When we drive two hours to the lake to dive from shore, she waits until we reach the state park and does it in the restroom. When we are staying in a motel/cabin/whatever that's a few minutes away from the dive site, she would do it before we leave for the dive site. On day boats in the tropics, we use wetsuits, so no She-P. My wife also used her drysuit once on a liveaboard, and she just used diapers instead of a She-P because it's easy to pee just before and just after a dive on a liveaboard--it's not like a small boat. What I mean is that a diaper is fine for peeing once during a dive if one can't hold it in, but not so good for longer dives on which you are sure to be peeing multiple times.

It's a bit easier for us guys, but it's still gluing a catheter to ourselves, so similar issues of where/when best to do it.

I might be taking a drysuit course soon, and am not sure how far the washroom facilities are from where we will be doing the open water dives. In a wetsuit I can never hold it, so this is always on my mind. In fact, it was the main reason why I waited so long to try drysuit. I might very well start with diapers...and move on to She-Ps.

I might very well start with diapers...and move on to She-Ps.

Baby steps?

Back
Top Bottom