Pearse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too wondered about the bailout tanks - how many breaths do you get out of an al80 at 200m?

Pretty cool, but there’s a lot of things In the world I’d like to see before I’d put myself in that position.

I too wondered about the bailout tanks - how many breaths do you get out of an al80 at 200m?

Pretty cool, but there’s a lot of things In the world I’d like to see before I’d put myself in that position.

Depends, but at a 14L/min SAC rate, maybe 8mins if you stay calm. Not enough time to scooter back to the tanks they've staged at the bottom of the first big drop at 107m. I expect those are for other divers that aren't carrying a bailout breather.

I listened to a Speaking Sidemount podcast with Harry last year, he talked a bit about this cave and his introduction to Rick Stanton, and how that got started him into this level of diving. That was +10 yrs ago and they were experienced CCR divers then, so a lot of experience between then and this dive. There is a later podcast on the Thai Cave rescue if you're interested.

Thanks for posting. That is really a very well done video -- fascinating stuff. Almost like a space shot with that level of planning. Years ago, before I started diving, I saw a show on National Geographic (Expeditions to the Edge?) that I think was also about this same place. (That one had a tragic ending -- kind of hard to watch.)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom