Pearse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not my project but Richard does a nice job narrating this 30min video. Not really SB material but the wetmules have been working this system for over a decade now.

Made my day, thanks.

Their website has a few write-ups on their Pearse expeditions, if anyone is interested.

The habitats are a big piece of their cold water plan. They let the divers get out of the water and supply external power to their undergarments, comms, food etc. One write-up had the deco planning, how long they'd overstay in a habitat to have their deco ceiling raise to the next habitat, rather than stage their way to the next dry stop.

Awesome video and great narrating.

As someone who has zero experience with rebreathers or these types of dives...
Is the reason they didn't seem to carry any kind of real bailout the fact that they were carrying doubled up rebreathers, and could just switch to the other if something happened with one of their units?
What would they do if the first stage on their dil or oxygen cylinders failed?
Like I said, complete rookie on the subject...

These guys are diving what they call, the twin Meg. It's basically two rebreathers running in parallel. Gives them redundancy plus extra scrubber capacity at depth when the air is very dense and scrubbers are less efficient. They also do not fin at depth to keep the CO2 production low.

You hear him mention the twin Meg on the first major descent down to 100m. How busy they are managing both circuits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom