Pearl Lake Sold (south Beloit, IL)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dubious

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings,

I didn’t see this mentioned yet, but pearl lake is being sold. My lds stated there is only scuba access guaranteed for the next two years. I guess there are a lot of questions that need to be answered once the new owners take control.

Popular Pearl Lake resort being sold

The link doesn't work. I can't find any other information about it being sold.

I went out to Pearl Lake only once, to do my Deep and Wreck checkouts in August of 2019. I can't say it was a great dive location, though. Because of the silt, the visibility was awful, especially on the west side near the plane. I'm sure the hundreds of open water students in the area didn't help.

It's sad to see any dive location in the Mid West go. We're not exactly Florida when it comes to the number of places we can dive.

The link doesn't work.

Weird. The story no longer seems to exist at Beloit Daily News. That said, Pearl Lake's website now states,

" Pearl Lake has recently changed ownership and is now part of the Zeman Homes family."

Back
Top Bottom