Peacock 06/29/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Well , it's a traditional birthday dive for me , the Grand Traverse. We popped in at OG and had the whole upper OG system to ourselves. Very nice viz (had NO TROUBLE seeing all of the jumps etc) and a nice little breeze in our face...Oh wait , flow (slap)
After we popped over Challenge , we headed downhill towards Olsen. It's looking a little better in that section now , I could actually see the walls again. And I THOUGHT I could feel a little breeze at my back. Had to look for the jump lines but they weren't that hard to see.
From Olsen downhill , things are looking better there too. Still piles of leaves on the floor but much less particulate and tanic in the water. Cisteen and Nicholson lines looked a LOT LESS grotey.
Could even see some light coming in from ol Pots-hole :D

All in all , Peacock is getting better by the day. The basin at P1 is still brown/green but even that is clearing slowly (we could see fish swimming out in the basin this time).

A Vonderful Dive :D

Run Time about 100 minutes...no deco.

Jean

Thanks for the memories. My dive buddy and I made this dive probably 50 times in the 80's. Tradition was New Years Eve.

Happy Birthday again Jean0, I was at Peanut on the 28th to finish up Full Cave, missed ya by a day. :/ I saw the glow coming in from Pothole's lil crack.

Happy Birthday Jean! I'm really looking forward to my first dives in Peacock sometime this summer (once the basin viz clears up)!

Danny

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom