PDC Covid test recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m heading to Playa today for a week of sidemount/cavern training. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good testing location?

Thank you.

if you asked earlier, I would have suggested RapidReturn or BinaxNow - both are tests you purchase and set up prior to travel. Then you do the test online (before you fly home) in front of an agent who processes your test results - all without going to an actual testing center.

Went there a few weeks ago for some cenote diving.
on 5th avenue there are tons of spots all over.
I went here: https://g.page/mavelsa-health-care-cruz-roja?share
QR code to scan to fill out info and super nice people working there. pay fee depending on pcr or antigen and voila. i did antigen (~$30) and had results (in english/spanish) by the time i got back to my hotel. They said pcr are usually done in 12-24h.

The last two times I've done it were arranged by the place I was staying; they made the call, someone showed up at the hotel and administered the test, and sent the results to my phone a few hours later. I would ask the people you are training with, they'll probably be able to take care of it for you.

they are everywhere on 5th ave cost $30 per test. just had 3 of them done by places on 5th ave in the last month. antigen rapid test ~15min-30 min results are all you need. open and screen shot the QR code page showing negative is all you need for the airport

Went there a few weeks ago for some cenote diving.
on 5th avenue there are tons of spots all over.
I went here: https://g.page/mavelsa-health-care-cruz-roja?share
QR code to scan to fill out info and super nice people working there. pay fee depending on pcr or antigen and voila. i did antigen (~$30) and had results (in english/spanish) by the time i got back to my hotel. They said pcr are usually done in 12-24h.
This is the location I'm planning to use as it's the closest to where I'll be staying. Was appointment needed and if you did the PCR test, was it fairly uncomfortable the way they did it?

Note: PCR and antigen are two different tests. The former is slower and costlier. The latter is all you need to get back into the US.

Note: PCR and antigen are two different tests. The former is slower and costlier. The latter is all you need to get back into the US.
Yes I realize that but I live in Canada and only the more costly PCR test is accepted at this time for me to return home.

Yes I realize that but I live in Canada and only the more costly PCR test is accepted at this time for me to return home.
Ahh, yes, I missed that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom