PDC area in January...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all....

Can't believe I'm heading back already!!! Yay!! Hope for one day of diving!!! Any recommendations or favorite spots (I think I want open water.. did a cenote in Oct.)

Questions... temps in January???? air and water?? We were there once before in January and I seem to remember thinking it was COLD!! Fun activities for little kids if the pool is sub-zero??

Will be there with some snorkeling family... :) (I hope)... Any areas that you would particularly recommend for snorkeling? (Oct I was really disappointed at Yal-Ku, way less fish than a year ago!) Any good snorkel/dive spots we could do together??? (maybe the reef at Puerto Morelas??)(anything down by tulum??)

What kind of exposure suits needed in January (for divers and snorkelers). Thanks for all the help and recommendations. Have to say I love the folks on this board!!

b b b b b bbbbbump? :)

When in January will you be there? We are heading there on January 15th and diving with Phantom Divers during the week.

AmyJ:
Hi all....

Can't believe I'm heading back already!!! Yay!! Hope for one day of diving!!! Any recommendations or favorite spots (I think I want open water.. did a cenote in Oct.)

Questions... temps in January???? air and water?? We were there once before in January and I seem to remember thinking it was COLD!! Fun activities for little kids if the pool is sub-zero??

Will be there with some snorkeling family... :) (I hope)... Any areas that you would particularly recommend for snorkeling? (Oct I was really disappointed at Yal-Ku, way less fish than a year ago!) Any good snorkel/dive spots we could do together??? (maybe the reef at Puerto Morelas??)(anything down by tulum??)

What kind of exposure suits needed in January (for divers and snorkelers). Thanks for all the help and recommendations. Have to say I love the folks on this board!!

Tobagoman:
When in January will you be there? We are heading there on January 15th and diving with Phantom Divers during the week.
We will be arriving the 16th and leaving pm on the 21st. Where are you staying and where are you diving?? We will be at Mayan Palace...

AmyJ:
We will be arriving the 16th and leaving pm on the 21st. Where are you staying and where are you diving?? We will be at Mayan Palace...

We are staying at the Wyndam Viva Maya resort which is about a mile south of PDC. If you want to join us for a day or two of diving with Phantom let me know.

Paul

That could be fun. What do you have planned? We are new divers and I wouldn't want to hold you back .... but if we can work it out.... :) it would be fun! So... what do you have planned, which days and how much?? Feel free to pm if you would like. Thanks

We will be arriving the 16th of January and leaving the 21st. We are staying at an AI called the Occidental Grande Flamenco or the Grande Xcaret. Its my wife's 40th and am surprising her w/ this trip. We will be diving with Emerald Dolphin Dive Services in Cozumel. Heard really good things about them. It will be our first dive and am so excited can hardly wait!!!

My wife and I are DM's and a friend of our is an AOW diver. We plan on diving the 17th- 20th in the AM. We can't really book anything yet because they don't know what the weather will be like. We plan on doing the Cenotes one of those days, and at least one day will be some advanced dives on the C-53 and the Devil's throat. The others will all be reef dives off of PDC. As long as a Norte isn't blowing on any of our dive days. Check out the website for Phantom Divers .

AmyJ:
That could be fun. What do you have planned? We are new divers and I wouldn't want to hold you back .... but if we can work it out.... :) it would be fun! So... what do you have planned, which days and how much?? Feel free to pm if you would like. Thanks

That sounds like fun. We are hoping for one full day of diving... but that is probably it, as we have our young'uns with us... :)

I am thinking I really want to dive the reef again to get some more pictures. We did a cenote in October, (with Dennis at Diablodivers) they are very cool, but not as colorful. I would like to do more cenotes SOMEday... just not this trip. :)

so... is the weather iffy in January? We have only dove in October, and it is generally a go. Is Jan going to require more exposure suit coverage?

Amelia,

Glad to hear you are heading back down so soon. For January you will be fine in a 3mm. Did you ever get that Zeagle? I had a lady out just a few days ago and she had a similar build to you and was using and loving her Zeagle Zena BCD.

Dennis

PS just remember if the weather is blowing and the sea is rough, try a Cenote again! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom