PDC area in January...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Dennis,

I will be sending you a pm.... :) This is a spur of the moment trip, so we are not organized yet. The BC is in the works.. but Scott Zeagle is being a tremendous help!! long story hopefully to tell in person. We are hoping for a FULL day of diving.. up for that? I am voting for ocean with lots of fish (Alcina is helping me fine tune picture taking).

What is the weather in January? Will we need heavier suits??? rough seas likely?? I'd love any helpful hints... will it be too cold for snorkeling?? (will have cousins who are much more water friendly than brother there in Oct.) :) Are my girls going to freeze to death in the pool? We need to get a bit more organized before we set anything up for sure... but we'd like to if you're up for it. Hope all is going well for ya'll. And talk to you soon!!

Hi All,

I'll be staying at the royal hideaway from Jan 15-22. Probably diving with the charter that's located in front of the hotel -- baracuda. PM me if you're in the area...

We just came back and the water temps should be the same...82 degrees. I dove without wetsuit, but a 3mm shorty or full will ensure a warm pleasurable dive.

If you only have time for a couple dives, I would jump on the ferry and dive Cozumel. PDC is nice, but Cozumel walls & reefs are really impressive. We dove PDC with The Abyss dive shop located at The Blue Parrot Hotel (just down the street from Phantom Divers). You can book Cozumel trips from PDC dive shops, but you will probably pay $120/pp for 2 dives. Take the ferry for appx $15 r/t, arrange your diving with a Coz shop - 2 tanks/$65. We used Aquaworld in Cozumel. They have nice boats and the DMs where good, but they are able to hold a large number of divers on a single boat if they are busy. They break off into groups of approx 6 diver per DM so it wasn't that bad for our trip.

Cenote dives will run you about $100 2 tanks.

Depending on the age of you kids, I highly recommend trying one of the tours offered by AllTourNative, http://alltournative.com/content/ They have a small shop on 5th Avenue with video and brochures of the different tours. The site does not show all they offer.

Have fun.

hermosadive:
We just came back and the water temps should be the same...82 degrees. I dove without wetsuit, but a 3mm shorty or full will ensure a warm pleasurable dive.

QUOTE]

Oh excellent. We will be there from Jan 20 til Jan 28 and I am hoping to dive with Dive Puerto Morelos due to the many mentions on this board. We will be staying at the Mayan Palace Riviera Maya. If anyone is around the area it would be cool to meet up. :dazzler1:

Hiya!! We'll be at the Mayan Palace week of the 16th...would be fun to meet up!!!

Chocoholic:
hermosadive:

QUOTE]

Oh excellent. We will be there from Jan 20 til Jan 28 and I am hoping to dive with Dive Puerto Morelos due to the many mentions on this board. We will be staying at the Mayan Palace Riviera Maya. If anyone is around the area it would be cool to meet up. :dazzler1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom